+fFn test but contractions have pretty much stopped after medication, what will happen next?

(6 Posts)
Mummabear12 Wed 26-Feb-14 01:41:39

Hello.been admitted to hospital at tightening a were every 5 mins and I'm 31+3. Had the 'labour' test and came back faint positive and cervix slightly open, went to ward and contractions got worse and more painful. For given injection for babies lungs and medication to slow down labour. Contractions pretty much stopped and just have period pain.
Staying on the ward now but what happens if contractions return or what if they don't do I just carry on as normal? An I more likely to go I to preterm labour now? Sorry for the essay x

Mummabear12 Wed 26-Feb-14 06:01:58

Bump

Mummabear12 Wed 26-Feb-14 09:53:34

Anyone confused

plentyofsoap Wed 26-Feb-14 22:26:08

Hi how are you? its good that you have had the steriod injections they will make a huge difference if baby comes early.
I had the test with my first baby. It could mean you give birth within the next two weeks. Mine was negative but gave birth the day after my two week window!
There is a drip they can give you to stop contractions and your waters havent gone either which is positive.
Have a look at the bliss website. Both mine came at 33 weeks, but hopefully you will hang on longer, everyday counts though.

Mummabear12 Thu 27-Feb-14 09:16:13

Thank you will definitely have a look at that website keep seeing it pop up on here. Tightening have really calmed down so I'm hoping he will just stay put. X

CrispyFB Thu 27-Feb-14 18:29:01

"False" positives are sooooo common with an FFN. A negative test tells far more (i.e. it's extremely unlikely labour will start) than a positive.. which pretty much means "dunno".

I know of lots of women who have had positive tests yet delivered at term. I don't know of any who had a negative test and delivered within two weeks.

I had preterm labour at 34 weeks with DC2 which stopped and went away completely. I ended up being induced as I'd had a hindwater leak due to infection 12 days later - with no sign of the PTL returning.

Hope you can hang on!! The steroids make a huge difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now