What's your 'overhang' like after 2 Csecs?

(57 Posts)
MolotovCocktail Tue 25-Feb-14 20:29:11

If you have one, that is?

I had an ELCS almost 2y ago and aside from the silvery scar, you would never know.

Dh would like another child. I am leaning towards the idea but am concerned about the effects of a 3rd pg / 2nd CS (dd1 born vaginally in 2009; dd2 ELCS 2012).

I know it's a vain question and there are other concerns re. CS, but this is something that is on my mind.

Happy I think to some extent time helps. Not a huge amount but a bit! I also did a 1:1 pilates session for a year or so which helped..... a little bit! (Luckily it was very very cheap I normally couldn't afford that sort of thing)

I remember properly crying when the sun had a picture if Kate Middleton's glimpse of toned tum just a few months after birth (I was pretty drunk though!) DP said if it really upset me we could think about a tummy tuck but I'd never be able to go through with it!

HappyAsEyeAm Wed 26-Feb-14 12:13:03

Haveyoutried I think I need to accept that I need to exercise. I don't think its possible for me to do much more with diet alone. I know that I could lose about 5 lb, but I find 8 stone 3 pounds a difficult weight to main. Maybe regular swimming will help. Or I could take the cellophane off the exercise DVDs.

I saw that same picture of Kate Middleton's tummy. I have a vclose friend who has had three DC and her tummy is completely flat and very toned too. Her figure is amazing and her tummy is a thing of beauty (not muscular, just flat). She exercises, and also eats far less than I do though and I have never seen her eat crap.

I need to make a proper effort and then judge whether it has made a difference! Ds2 is nearly 2yo now, so its time.

Sorry for all the typos in my previous post. Well done on your pilates toning. Having had the two emcs, I don't know if I could put myself through a tummy tuck. Any extra surgery is quite scary for me.

lotsofcheese Wed 26-Feb-14 13:00:50

I forgot to say previously that I've had to abandon low-rise knickers, jeans etc as they simply slipped down into the shelf, digging into my scar. So it's big pants all round!

And YY to numbness below belly button. A year later I'm not hugely optimistic it will get any better.

MolotovCocktail Wed 26-Feb-14 19:01:27

Well, my CS was carried out by a male surgeon. He was very good: no infection, my stupid blood that doesn't clot properly was controlled and I've ended up with a neat scar and no overhang (the shelf does come back a little when af is due I.e. bloating). There is a slight pucker on the right-hand side of the scar tho.

The surgeob wasn't keen on me having the CS because it was maternal request. The reason why I requested it is genuine to me - its that in combination with the fact I've already had one which is why I'd request ELCS again and not VBAC.

Maybe if I ever become pg again, I'd ask for a female consultant (wouldn't have to meet him again and go through the same grilling, and perhaps slightly better embroidery skills grin )

Anyway, thank-you for your replies to my rather vain thread. I'm certainly getting broody again, maybe against my better judgement ... confused

MolotovCocktail Wed 26-Feb-14 19:03:11

*surgeon, not spongebob (or whatever I wrote)

Strongecoffeeismydrug Thu 27-Feb-14 00:23:46

First c section I had a female surgeon and was left with a small overhang.
Had 2nd c section 3 weeks ago and had a male surgeon, he said the first scar was untidy, so he used the same scar to get baby out and did a bit of skin trimmingsmile. 3 weeks post op my scar is lovely,flat, straight and overhang free grin

ListenToTheLady Thu 27-Feb-14 09:42:16

Yes my very neat scars were by male surgeons, I don't think there's necessarily any correlation.

I remember with my first EMCS, through my post-op daze the MW telling me "Ooh, you're lucky you have got xxxxxx, he will do a lovely neat job" grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now