What's your 'overhang' like after 2 Csecs?

(57 Posts)
MolotovCocktail Tue 25-Feb-14 20:29:11

If you have one, that is?

I had an ELCS almost 2y ago and aside from the silvery scar, you would never know.

Dh would like another child. I am leaning towards the idea but am concerned about the effects of a 3rd pg / 2nd CS (dd1 born vaginally in 2009; dd2 ELCS 2012).

I know it's a vain question and there are other concerns re. CS, but this is something that is on my mind.

ListenToTheLady Tue 25-Feb-14 22:04:23
Hedgehog80 Tue 25-Feb-14 22:06:01

I've had four cs and have no overhang, after dc4 I thought I would as for the first couple of weeks I still had a bit of a 'bump' and was sore and swollen but it all went down fine.

Theonlyoneiknow Tue 25-Feb-14 22:06:58

I have had two emergency CS.

After the first one you could make out a faint scar but no overhang at all, couldn't tell I had had a baby, scar aside. Maybe because pre and during pregnancy I was in good shape, who knows.

Second time had done no exercise since delivery of no.1. Have got a distinct overhang now. Gutted as can't see how to shift it. From what I have heard it's really hard!

HappyAsEyeAm Tue 25-Feb-14 22:07:07

Ive had two emcs and have no overhang. Im quite fleshy, and could do with losing half a stone and seriously toning up, so I am very wobbly. But no overhang.

HappyAsEyeAm Tue 25-Feb-14 22:10:31

Listen, what am I supposed to be looking at on the photos of those two women in bikinis? I can only see flat tummies, no overhang at all. Im confused.

I have a shelf rather than overhang, two years after 2nd CS. Have to sort of lift it out of the way to see the scar or shave. It gets a bit better if I lose weight but I'm a 8/10 normally so mainly it's just there.

But - no worse after second than after first. And I had a massive bump both times on a small frame.

Mignonette Tue 25-Feb-14 22:11:49

2 CS, one classical, one LSCS plus three abdominal surgeries where they went in through the lower segment.

My insides resemble Charlotte's Web but no overhang.

I think it's about which bikinis are ok to wear or not! None for me due to the additional benefit of crepey saggy doughy skin. Nice!

TheFowlAndThePussycat Tue 25-Feb-14 22:12:38

Yeah, it's bad. 2 sections plus emergency surgery post 2nd C-section (they sewed me up & then had to go in again). I'm a bit chunky anyway so I guess that doesn't help.

OTOH it doesn't seem to bother DH and I don't show that bit of my belly to anyone else - I don't think it is obvious through clothes...

Also, I wouldn't change a thing when it comes to my two lovely DDs, they are worth it without a doubt smile

AuditAngel Tue 25-Feb-14 22:14:15

I have a big overhang, but that is because I am fat.

I have 3 DC, 2 and 3 by CS. My overhang is bigger now than after number 2, but I am a clothes size larger than I was after number 2 (I lost a stone through stress) I'm heavier but the same clothes size as before/after number 1.

Even though my last CS was over 3 years ago, I still have no feeling in my skin from about an inch below my belly button, that still seems weird.

And I don't think (personally) it's much to do with exercise or not TheonlyoneIknow - I was really strong and slim before both pregnancies.....alas.......... grin

ListenToTheLady Tue 25-Feb-14 22:15:02

Sorry happy they are an example of a bikini I would wear and one that would be out of the question. The bodies are not illustrative of my gunt! (Or indeed any of the rest of me)

Mignonette Tue 25-Feb-14 22:16:18

I have no skin or pinch sensation in my lower abdomen 19 years after my last CS but that's not surprising- I have had a lot of surgery.

HappyAsEyeAm Tue 25-Feb-14 22:19:49

Thanks Little. I thought I had completely misunderstood what a c section overhang actually was!

MrsCDNinUK Tue 25-Feb-14 22:20:25

Not much of one and I've had 2 c/s and a laparotomy using the same incision (so 3 surgeries). C/S #3 is next week but I don't tend to gain a lot of weight pregnant - 15 lbs or so. I'm on the fluffy side so we'll see what happens when I lose the weight I want to.

Eatriskier Tue 25-Feb-14 22:20:45

I've had an EMCS and an ELCS, I was done up so tightly after the first the overhang was bad (emcs). The second didn't worsen anything. However I was very overweight after both which didn't help. I've lost 6 stone recently and my overhang isn't horrendous which I attribute to hula hooping 3 times a week.

ListenToTheLady Tue 25-Feb-14 22:21:03

(strangely bikini models with gunts were not forthcoming in my google search grin)

HappyAsEyeAm Tue 25-Feb-14 22:22:14

Yes, I have the crepey saggy doughy stomach too. No overhang, but that hardly matters as my stomach is such a mess. I am a size 10, buy seriously doughy and crinkled.

1944girl Tue 25-Feb-14 22:29:55

I have had two EMCS both with the classical scar. The advantage of having the classical scar is you do not get an overhang as such, but this scar, being a long line down your abdomen looks like a tuck when healed the two would be overhangs are down each side of it IYSWIM.
The disadvantage of it is it does not fade and mine is still clearly visible 41 years later. I call it my battle scar.It is many years since I wore a bikini but when I did the visible scar never bothered me.

PrimalLass Tue 25-Feb-14 22:30:01

Mine is getting much better with fasting and avoiding gluten.

Nice to know I'm not alone Happy - it feels like it sometimes!

Imagine my face when ten days after dc1 was born I asked my community midwife when the wrinkles would disappear.... and she said probably never and told me to start saving my child benefit for a tummy tuck shock

I can laugh about it now.... [ grin]

Teatimecakes Tue 25-Feb-14 22:52:49

I had an elcs - no over hang at all. Was a size 12 before ds and now am a 14 - I have a bit of a tummy still, but that's more to do with over indulgence than pregnancy or cs smile the only thing I find now is that any weight I gain goes straight to the bump area and makes me look pregnant again!

lotsofcheese Tue 25-Feb-14 23:07:32

After 2 EMCS, it's pretty grim. It wasn't so bad after the 1st, as I was really fit prior to & during pregnancy plus didn't gain much weight. It was a female consultant doing the surgery. Next time it was a male registrar doing the surgery late at night - I got a butchering. My shelf hangs out by a good few inches. I'm hoping diet & exercise will help - but not massively optimistic.

Beckamaw Tue 25-Feb-14 23:15:57

I have 3 children. 1 vaginal (forceps), 1 EMCS, 1 ELCS.
2nd was borderline GD and polyhydramnious, 3rd was at age 39.
Gained 3 stone each time.
I have no overhang, no stretch marks, no visible scar.
I'm lucky maybe?

HappyAsEyeAm Wed 26-Feb-14 08:55:14

Haveyoutried I had quite a doughy tummy after I had DS1 6 years ago. He was 8 lb 8 oz. I lost all my pregnancy weight, but my tummy was never the same.Then 2 years ago I had DS2. He was 9 lb 5 oz. I am a short, small framed size 10. I took months to lose the bloating second time round, and until about 4 months post partum, I looked like I'd had a drastic weight loss surgery type thing because I had so much exceess skin on my tummy. Nowhere else.

Then when he was about 5 months, I got back to my pre pregnancy weight, but I am still in serius need of toniging all over. I don't know how I could possibly shift this excess and doughy crinkled puckered skin on my tummy though. I am 8 stone 5 pounds, so hardly enormous, but my tummy is a mess. I find spanx are marvellous at holding it all in so that I can feel confident in some dresses, so I 100% recommend those (the ones that go up to undernerath your bra and down your legs like cycling shorts)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now