c sec scar hole

(5 Posts)
feekerry Mon 24-Feb-14 18:12:37

i had a c sec 3 weeks ago. scar is now all healed bar one tiny hole in the middle about 2mm. it bleeds a little every day. its not getting much air to it as i am wearing pads and big pants so can't take pants off to air as need the maternity pads still.
will it eventually heal or do i need to see a nurse??

givemeaclue Mon 24-Feb-14 18:13:35

Hi, I would see a nurse, there are things they can do to help it heal and you don't want it to become infected.

ExBrightonBell Mon 24-Feb-14 20:33:59

I had a similar issue (although it wasn't bleeding it was lymph fluid), and saw the nurses at my GPs very frequently to check it how it was healing. I also had various dressings on it to help it heal. I would get it checked out as you really don't want it to get infected.

feekerry Tue 25-Feb-14 12:33:20

thank you...
went to docs who had good look and said leave be for now. glad i got it checked tho as doc was saying infections can get pretty nasty.

PopiusTartius Tue 25-Feb-14 13:09:05

I had a couple of holes with my second c/sec and they did get infected and it was a right pain. Glad doc said it was ok. Just keep an eye out for any signs of infection (redness, swelling up again, discharge, smell etc) and get back straightaway if you're even a little bit concerned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now