Words of encouragement much needed..... Hitting the wall

(34 Posts)
varicoseveins Mon 10-Feb-14 20:28:32

I'm 40+5 today and lost my mucous plug on Saturday, followed by more on Sunday and today. Saturday I was having tightenings that I would exactly say we're painful which stopped around 8pm & Sunday I had painful contractions that we're coming 4-6 minutes for 45 seconds until 9pm when they too stopped.

This morning I had a huge mucous loss followed by intense contractions every 3-5 minutes. I went to hospital to be told I was 2-3cm, with 1 cm of cervix left to thin out. They sent me away. All day the contractions have been bad but have not got any more frequent than 5-6 minutes- then tonight I had another huge bloody mucous loss.but now everything has stopped again and I could just cry. I am exhausted and fed up.

I have a little boy (3) who I have had to have looked after since Saturday ;-( as I can't manage him and theses contractions... And also he needs to be looked after in case of night time rush to hospital.... But I am getting beyond frustrated and it's overwhelmed me today. Feeling very emotional

Can anyone offer me words of encouragement....

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 10-Feb-14 21:44:19

I'm sure not having your ds at home has had an effect.

Defo send dp to work and then organise something extra special for you to do that you won't be able to do once the baby has arrived. That will defo kick things off! grin

ajandjjmum Mon 10-Feb-14 23:39:07

Hope you're getting some rest now - you'll need it over the coming weeks! grin

DewClawDisaster Mon 10-Feb-14 23:46:39

I was like this was DD1 and it was disheartening. I rested and then went for a great walk. Once it all happened, it happened very wuickly - I'm sure it will for you too. Good luck!

glorious Tue 11-Feb-14 07:06:38

How are you OP?

MrsJK Tue 11-Feb-14 08:37:28

Any baby?!smile

glorious Tue 11-Feb-14 12:42:15

Thinking of you

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Tue 11-Feb-14 20:36:54

How are you this eve OP?

glorious Wed 12-Feb-14 08:24:45

I really hope that baby is here now smile

Izzyalex Wed 12-Feb-14 18:58:53

((Big hugs)) it's tough but you can do it! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now