Signs of labour with 2nd baby?

(519 Posts)
mummyjanine Tue 28-Jan-14 12:54:01

Did you have any signs leading up to labour 2nd time round and if so what?

PassthePercyPigs Tue 18-Mar-14 16:03:41

Congratulations cacraig2! Well worth the wait. Hope you're all doing well xxx

Cacraig2 Tue 18-Mar-14 11:41:57

Congratulations nolongerwaiting that is fantastic news flowers wine enjoy your new addition x
Good luck ladygoogoo try raspberry leaf capsules found much better than tea (which actually tastes ok) and acupuncture x

LadyGooGoo Sun 16-Mar-14 16:46:58

Ooh, good time to join this thread...maybe all the new baby announcements may give mine some ideas. congratulations to all the newborns and their tired mums!
Today I'm 39+3 and am officially pinning an eviction notice up on my uterus. After an ELCS last time due to breech, they won't let me get past 40+10 without induction...eek!
So, so, so want to avoid pessaries, drips and emcs, therefore so far I've had:
A spicy curry
A bounce on newly inflated Pilates ball
And gone for numerous brisk walks
This week I need to buy some raspberry leaf tea (guessing this doesn't taste to raspberries?) and consider DTD with DH (^last^thing I feel like right now!)
14 days and counting...

Waitingandhoping Sun 16-Mar-14 14:23:15

Congratulations everyone! thanks thanks thanks

Baby nolongerwaiting put in an appearance in the early hours of Friday morning, labour was intense but short, we are both well.

Look forward to seeing everyone on the postnatal thread!

onceipopicantstop Sun 16-Mar-14 12:58:59

Congratulations cacraig2!! thanks
Sounds like a well deserved quick labour after all the waiting. Hope you're enjoying lots of newborn snuggles!

frogslegs35 Sun 16-Mar-14 10:40:30

CONGRATULATIONS cacraig thanks
Well done!

Best wishes to you all and enjoy your new additions Xx

PastaandCheese Sun 16-Mar-14 09:42:50

Well done cacraig thanksthanksthanksthanks

I'm sure she is well worth the wait.

I think that is us all done now? If DS would feed for longer than 5 minutes at a time I'd go back and have a count up but his snacking habit is severely limiting my mumsnet time.

Cacraig2 Sun 16-Mar-14 07:45:24

Dd2 born at 5.30am 8 pound 10
Took 4 hour start to finish g&a only good labour grin

PastaandCheese Sun 16-Mar-14 04:04:01

Exciting.... Good luck!

Cacraig2 Sun 16-Mar-14 04:03:07

Yippee (I think) at hospital labour started wish me luck xx

PastaandCheese Sat 15-Mar-14 22:27:20

Congratulations onceipop and passthepercypigs. Lovely news thanksthanksthanks

cacraig you sound so similar to me with this stop start nightmare. Hope you're prepared for a very swift one once it really gets going.

Cacraig2 Sat 15-Mar-14 21:06:01

Thought I was going to get to join you in the new yummy mummies forum as contractions started at lunch time only to have them fizzle away by tea time. Away to bed frustrated and disappointed sad

frogslegs35 Sat 15-Mar-14 11:21:32

CONGRATULATIONS!
onceipopicantstop thanks PassthePercyPigs thanks
Well done ladies.

Oh Cacraig2 I really feel for you. It's not long now until eviction is it?
FX you go before the weekend is out, all the best and good luck Xxx

Cacraig2 Sat 15-Mar-14 07:52:31

Congratulations to you too percypig thanks wine and wow another big baba shock getting worried what size mine will be by my induction at 42weeks ouch. Sounds like you had a great labour and I hope you and all the family are enjoying the new family addition xx

PassthePercyPigs Sat 15-Mar-14 00:09:35

Sorry for being so slow to update - my baby boy arrived on March 6th at 41 weeks and weighed in at 9lb 10oz like yours onceipop! Two hours of active labour and he as born in the birth pool with just gas and air - a totally different experience to my daughter's birth! Good luck cacraig and everyone else waiting x

Cacraig2 Fri 14-Mar-14 21:18:52

Congratulations onceipop thanks wine that is fantastic news. I take my hat off to you that is a big boy shock no wonder he took his time to come out you were looking after him far too well in there wink impressive labour you must be shattered. Enjoy your new addition to the family wish you all the best. Hopefully I will be soon too (with a smaller baby!) grin

onceipopicantstop Fri 14-Mar-14 21:03:20

Our beautiful baby boy arrived at 1am this morning weighing an impressive 9lbs 10oz!!

After 30 hours of contractions and stuck at 5 min intervals for several hours went into hospital needing more pain relief, only to be told I was only 4cm sad, but things moved rapidly after that and was fully dilated within 2 hours!!

Cacraig - hope things get moving for you soon. It can't be too much longer

Cacraig2 Fri 14-Mar-14 08:30:10

Ahhhh still pregnant angry I should have known sweep wouldn't work. No further crampy contractions or 'labour signs' since yesterday tea time. Now just sore, huge and more miserable from sweeps, sex and curries sad

Hit an all time low [sad sad sad

Cacraig2 Thu 13-Mar-14 14:38:23

Woo hoo how exciting onceipop I am so jealous envy thank goodness dh there are you getting your bags ready for the off?
Not sure about tens I am counting on a good shot of pethadine to get me through! But remember everyone's contractions different so if you are progressing that quickly I wouldn't be hanging about unless you are planning a home birth wink
Good luck thanks wine

I am feeling very crampy which coming at regular intervals doesn't feel like bh so fingers crossed I might be in your situation tomorrow

onceipopicantstop Thu 13-Mar-14 14:09:56

Still progressing - 8 mins apart and more intense now, but shorter in length. TENS on - does that affect how long the pain lasts?? Think was just as well dh stayed home as I would have called him back by now!

Cacraig2 Thu 13-Mar-14 13:48:43

Hi ladies
Sounds promising onceipop might all just kick off and go really quickly. I had my sweep this morning and dtd as instructed. blush Now bouncing on gym ball. Dd1 having sleep over at grannies tonight although that maybe bit hopeful.
That was good waiting my maternity unit couldn't fit me in for induction until Wednesday when I will be 41+6 envy hopefully we will all go in next 24hours!

Waitingandhoping Thu 13-Mar-14 12:05:42

Sounds hopeful onceipop fingers crossed for you!

Had sweep this morning, induction booked for Sat if that doesn't work. Glad something's going to happen at last!

onceipopicantstop Thu 13-Mar-14 09:52:21

Well some progress overnight but not sure if it will continue! Had a sweep at lunchtime and had cramps shortly afterwards. Since 3pmish started having regular tightenings with pain in my lower abdomen and back, and sometimes down below (sorry if tmi!) - I presume these are mild contractions rather than bh, and perhaps pain from cervix altering? Have continued overnight every 20 minutes or so - slept terribly! They are uncomfortable but not dreadful by any means and last 20-30 seconds. Only problem is they haven't increased in frequency or intensity despite having them for 18 hours now. Is this just very early labour?
Dh decided to stay off work as he works 1.5 hours away but I suspect he may have wasted a day off!!

Cacraig2 Wed 12-Mar-14 13:57:28

I know what you mean springbells running after toddler hard work and feel guilty for being short tempered and 'no fun'.

I don't think they let you go over 42 weeks onceipop so you should have your date for admission and induction any day. Hope your second sweep works. Try not to think about worst case scenarios as sure percentage very low and you are still young.

Another gorgeous day went for walk along beach with dp and dd1 to cheer me up. Did the trick but so tired ready to sleep.

onceipopicantstop Wed 12-Mar-14 10:01:22

Lets hope insomnia is a sign of impending labour as I had exactly the same problem last night. When I did drift off I dreamt I was was having contractions - was very disappointed when I woke up! Mw coming today so hopefully a sweep will get things started. Anyone know how long they'll leave us go before induction? I'm 39 and think I read somewhere that stillbirths are increased with post dates and higher maternal age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now