Anyone else hanging around waiting to go into labour?!

(142 Posts)
Ja9 Fri 17-Jan-14 12:14:03

And would like to keep me company? Am 40+2 with no3 and whilst was happy for bubba not to come early, id really rather have liked her to come by now! Very grateful to be feeling well and sleeping well but impatient to meet her and could have introduced her to a lot of lovely people this weekend had she have come by now!!!

KatieChooChoo Tue 28-Jan-14 19:18:04

Good luck Karen, sounds like you dont have long.
Lastnight i cant imagine how you're feeling, fed up and mithered probably! Good luck hun xx

Karen1226 Wed 29-Jan-14 00:51:08

So to make you all feel better, was checked by local mw at 7.30 and told I was 5cm dilated and sent to hospital. Hospital checked at 11.30 and said I'm only 2cm WTF! So back home now and trying to sleep inbetween cx coming every 2mins!

lastnightopenedmyeyes Wed 29-Jan-14 07:07:18

That's dreadful Karen. I hope you're ok, with contractions every 2 mins at midnight I hope you're snuggling a newborn by now.

Mumoftaiba Wed 29-Jan-14 09:21:22

Hope ur holding baby karen smile im still here no signs of labour starting im being induced tomorrow at 10 so thats what im getting ready for. Wish me luck ladies smile

lastnightopenedmyeyes Wed 29-Jan-14 09:26:19

Best of luck smile How many days over are you?

BuntCadger Wed 29-Jan-14 09:28:05

Look up ina may. sphincter law. she is an amazing midwife and her thoughts are that your cervix can close up when you aren't feeling safe. x

Mumoftaiba Wed 29-Jan-14 10:59:54

Im 7days overdue but because im suffering with gallbladder problems they dont want to wait the standard 12 days.

lastnightopenedmyeyes Wed 29-Jan-14 15:22:22

So had sweep. Cervix now 2-3cm and baby is much lower. Midwife said it was feeling very ready and she thinks I'll be in labour v soon. She said she'd be surprised if it hadn't worked this time.
Another sweep booked for Friday and induction booked for Monday.
Main revelation was that while she did the sweep I had a massive contraction. Massive as in very painful and it was the same pain I've been having that's been stopping me in my tracks, so what I've been experiencing these past few weeks have actually been short, sharp contractions. Not spd I don't think. Terrified now at the thought of these pains lasting 90 seconds but at least I know what's going on.

KatieChooChoo Wed 29-Jan-14 18:08:11

OMG Karen, that must have been disappointing for you. Hope everything is going well now for you.

Lastnightopnedmyeyes I do hope you're progressing faster now. My first was quite quick (4pm to 01:20am) so I really cant imagine how stressful a prolonged labour is, other than draining and painful. Im wishing you lots of luck and hope the next update from you is a joyful one.

Mumoftabis - same wishes to you in that I hope you're ok and not having to wait to much longer.
xx

lastnightopenedmyeyes Thu 30-Jan-14 05:44:55

Really hope I'm not jinxing this....

41+1 today, had second sweep yesterday and midwife said things were very ready. Woken up at 2.30am by painful contraction and have had them building in intensity since then. They are every 8-10 mins at the moment, lasting 90 seconds.

Poor DS is next door coughing his lungs up, and DH is in with him also full of cold so I'm having to handle them by myself but so far it is manageable.

Hoping this is the start for me! Might have to get the tens machine out soon....

dizhin79 Thu 30-Jan-14 07:54:51

good luck grin

Mumoftaiba Thu 30-Jan-14 08:43:08

Good luck everyone im getting ready to go in for my induction its at 10. Hopefully next time im on here i will have a baby! smile

KatieChooChoo Thu 30-Jan-14 18:31:56

Im guessing the lack of updates means that babies have arrived??????? Hope so.
:-)

Karen1226 Thu 30-Jan-14 19:19:34

So just to update, after I was sent home my waters went at 1.30am(in a way that apparently only happens on soaps) went straight back into hospital, checked at 3.30am and only 3cm but then everything just flew on then and I gave birth to Lauren Jean at 7.42 weighing 7lb 11oz. Good luck to everyone still waiting! X

lastnightopenedmyeyes Fri 31-Jan-14 01:09:10

Congratulations Karen. And gorgeous name!

Olivia Grace was born today at 8.40pm after arriving at hospital at 5cm dilated at 3pm. So so happy and relieved it's behind me!! It was a fantastic birth. So thrilled as first was a huge trauma.

8lb 3oz so she was 6oz lighter than her big brother!

KatieChooChoo Fri 31-Jan-14 19:33:41

Massive congratulations to you both. I bet your bundles were worth the wait.
Wishing you all happiness and health.

Ive started a new thread as I think (hope) i may have started!
xxx

Is it bad that I am joining this thread at 35+5??? hmm

Baby 1 was 11 days over and I went into labour the day induction was booked.

Baby 2 was 11 days over and I was induced.

Congratulations to all those who have had babies already, and good luck to those still waiting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now