Anyone else hanging around waiting to go into labour?!

(142 Posts)
Ja9 Fri 17-Jan-14 12:14:03

And would like to keep me company? Am 40+2 with no3 and whilst was happy for bubba not to come early, id really rather have liked her to come by now! Very grateful to be feeling well and sleeping well but impatient to meet her and could have introduced her to a lot of lovely people this weekend had she have come by now!!!

TonksLupin Sat 18-Jan-14 15:31:21

I would love this to be pre labour! Still having a bit of show today, surely there can't be much left! Other than that I have lots of pressure low down but nothing else. Was really hoping he'd put in an appearance before sweep tomorrow, the one on Thursday has really put me off!

Hope at least one of us has a clear sign soon!

PoopPoooDeDooo Sat 18-Jan-14 16:36:59

I started with sore throat yesterday too and today have a pain accross the top of my bump which aches through to my back, any ideas?

Really feeling like I'm going to be pregnant till 42w sad DD today

itchyfootedmama24 Sat 18-Jan-14 17:01:02

Convinced its just gastro now. Nothing happened since I had a nap. Good luck everyone, tonks at least a show is a nice definite sign, can't mistake that for a cold unless you have some seriously weird snot problems smile

TonksLupin Sat 18-Jan-14 21:04:09

Itchy, that made me laugh! grin are you feeling any better?

Well today I've cleaned and vacuumed the whole house, steam cleaned some floors, changed the bed and made 2 curries. Not a thing has happened, not even braxton hicks! So now I'm going to eat my weight in ice cream and watch a movie and see if he decides to save me from my sweep tomorrow

Ja9 Sat 18-Jan-14 21:15:12

I had a show.... on TUESDAY.... and still nought! Totally got my hopes up. Didn't have a show pre-labour with either of the others. Getting to the point where I want to just hide in the house as i'm fed up with people asking me. Even 7yo dd fed up with people asking her - she says it 'makes me want to sigh inside my head' lol!!

Fingers crossed the night is lucky for one of us at least!

itchyfootedmama24 Sun 19-Jan-14 10:31:33

Waters are leaking and had some contractions so waiting to see if I need to be induced. At least something is happening I guess!

YoMamma Sun 19-Jan-14 10:41:06

Fingers crossed for you itchy.

Still nothing but BH here and even they seemed to have tailed off a bit. I even had a vindaloo last night but to no avail! Have induction booked for Friday which is the first anniversary of the death of my cousin so I'm pretty desperate to avoid it if possible sad

itchyfootedmama24 Sun 19-Jan-14 11:18:32

I'm on a 48 hr countdown until indiction s long as i take antibiotics... Pleeeeease let me go into labour soon! Good luck everyone, I'm off to maniacally clean and walk up some hills!

Ja9 Sun 19-Jan-14 11:57:50

Itchyfoot - how do you know waters are leaking? sorry if that seems a dunce question...Has it been said by MW or is that your observation?

itchyfootedmama24 Sun 19-Jan-14 13:12:23

I was a bit leaky this morning and had a midwife appt fpr sweep and mentioned it so they checked and gave me antibiotics as I have strep b and had an infection in labour last time leading to emcs and v sick baby!
Just left hospital so praying for labour now!

Ja9 Sun 19-Jan-14 14:38:50

Ah, I see. Praying for labour for you too...

TonksLupin Sun 19-Jan-14 14:39:33

Good luck itchy, how are you doing?

Just had my second sweep, no pain which is good. I was quite scared after my last one! Everything had closed back up though hmm managed to do sweep and baby is almost fully engaged but she doesn't think he's going to come by himself so looks like induction at the beginning of next week

GinotPrigio Sun 19-Jan-14 15:30:37

Good luck Itchy. Hope things start very soon for you.

No movement here. Due date is tomorrow and have midwife appointment on Tuesday so hopefully she'll do a sweep then and I'll get an idea how things are progressing.

Ja9 Sun 19-Jan-14 20:36:10

I have mw apt tomorrow. Hoping that when she gives me sweep she'll declare I'm 5 cm already! <<searching for that hopeful emoticon>>

BuntCadger Sun 19-Jan-14 23:21:17

I'm 40+6 and already had a few sweeps. Was having contractions last week but all stopped. Looks like my waters may of gone, another scan tomorrow. I just want to go into labour and avoid induction. This is number 4

Ja9 Mon 20-Jan-14 07:51:51

Another morning of waking up disappointed because nothing happened in the night sad. Fingers crossed today is the day for some of you...

Naturegirl82 Mon 20-Jan-14 10:35:41

Could I join please. 40+5 with #1. Lots of cramps and bh over the last 1.5 weeks but no show. Mw on Thursday. Getting a bit bored of mat leave with no baby now!

flyawayblue Mon 20-Jan-14 12:35:16

Also 40+5 and so done!

Have horrible hip nerve pain all the time and it's excruciating if I put any weight on my left leg... Can't imagine this for another week plus. My hospital won't induce until next Monday as there dates say I should be induced on Saturday which isn't possible... Ugh!

Had two sweeps so far and nothing, she seems way to comfortable in there.

itchyfootedmama24 Mon 20-Jan-14 13:22:11

Wagamama chicken firecracker gave me two big contractions last night and then more at 5am but now...zilch. Looks like induction tomorrow sad hope someone on here has a baby soon!

TonksLupin Mon 20-Jan-14 13:30:54

I think you will be the first Itchy!
I've had a few cramps over night but they are really low down which the midwife says are no good. Also my cold is so bad that I can't get out of bed today, so even though I want my baby here it's probably not ideal until my cold has gone hmm

PoopPoooDeDooo Mon 20-Jan-14 13:45:33

Still nothing for me either other than annoying sore throat/cough that won't go away MW appointment tomorrow @40+3, wonder if she'll do a sweep? (although I couldn't find my cervix when I checked so think it must still be really high.)

I am ridiculously tired today after only 2 hours sleep due to SPD sad

BuntCadger Mon 20-Jan-14 16:35:12

Having reg painful ctx now. Fingers crossed this may be it xx

TonksLupin Mon 20-Jan-14 16:55:00

Good luck Bunt!!
Do very early labour pains always have tightenings with them? (FTM) I'm having some period type pains but no tightenings.

babsie007 Mon 20-Jan-14 18:10:31

I'm 39+4 and hoping any day now lol!

littleraysofsunshine Mon 20-Jan-14 18:51:11

39+1 and got bad PGP, and Braxton contracting every 5-8 mins. Just only lasting 30ish seconds.

Baby's head is so low that I think it's going to fly out shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now