Remedies to heal marks/sore skin on tummy

(6 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Fri 03-Jan-14 22:48:50

Stretch marks, lumpy skin. Any oils, creams you can recommend?
*this is my third pregnancy...Three, 3y & under. (When baby pops out in three weeks)

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Fri 03-Jan-14 23:08:50

Few drops each of lavender, mandarin and orange blossom essential oils in a base oil of wheatgerm or sweet almond oil works really well. Orange blossom oil costs a fortune though!
Good luck!

WeeTeaJenny Sat 04-Jan-14 07:37:22

Clarins Tonic Body Oil - I swear by it
Used a full bottle for belly each pregnancy and no stretch marks
It's a bit pricey at around £38 a bottle but worth it for that result IMO .
Smells gorgeous too smile

littleraysofsunshine Sat 04-Jan-14 08:26:25

I already have the stretch marks/damage.... The thing is when I carry another baby you notice more, once I give birth my tummy goes back to being small, but with an area around my belly button is marks and lumpy skin. Along with split muscles/internal umbilical hernia..

The way I carry children is all front football like, so the pressure is always on my belly button area. I didn't get any with dd1, but with dd2 I did in the last weeks. And now dd3 I have those same ones plus new little ones but my skin just feels very sore to touch like its paper thinsad

WeeTeaJenny Sat 04-Jan-14 10:04:47

Bio Oil is good for smoothing skin , have used this on other body areas , post infection and it really smoothed scar area ...

Gatogris Sun 05-Jan-14 01:17:31

I used bio oil and still got stretch marks, do not waste your money, just use any body lotion you like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now