ELCS Tomorrow

(17 Posts)
MoreBoober Thu 02-Jan-14 16:44:11

So I'm booked to go in tomorrow morning for an ELCS for DC2 (DD) and I'm nervous, anxious and worried about the recovery. Had an EMCS after a 27 hour labour with DS and was wiped out afterwards. Hoping to spend at least 2 nights in this time rather than the 24hr stay last time. Not so sure how well I'm going to sleep tonight and haven't even manage to decide in her name yet. All reassurance welcome shock

Bkk13 Thu 02-Jan-14 17:37:05

Lots and lots of luck being sent your way. I was supposed to have one on Xmas eve which was cancelled morning of due to placenta moving. For me this was brilliant news but it's a roller coaster and a half knowing baby will be here 'this time tomorrow'

I am still waiting for baby now!

Wishing you all the best, and hopefully sleep tonight xx

MoreBoober Thu 02-Jan-14 19:58:12

Ah my DS was born on Christmas Eve (6 days over) but now we are both on for January Babies. I hope you don't have to wait much longer. I remember those last over due days and I had really had enough by then.

Featherbag Thu 02-Jan-14 20:13:25

Hope all goes well! I'm 6 weeks past my ELCS and feeling great, hope to get the ok from my GP tomorrow to get stuck back into exercise, I can't wait to get back into the gym. I doubt the recovery will be any worse than your last experience, in fact it'll probably seem much easier when you're starting reasonably rested instead of after a long labour. Take plenty to do, my ELCS was supposed to be over and done with by lunchtime but because of several emergencies DS wasn't born til shortly after 4.30pm!

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Thu 02-Jan-14 20:19:28

I had an EmCS with DD1 much longer labour than you, DD1 in distress, blood loss from me, problems BF... Stayed 10 days in hospital in the Uk that might be a clue of how bad it was though at the time I didn't realised The elCS with DD2 was a doodle and only 5 days because of the weekend and not in the Uk ! Good luck for tomorrow.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Thu 02-Jan-14 20:31:05

What I mean is that there was no trauma and the baby (DD2) was never in distress and that in itself makes a huge difference, plus I didn't have to go through worries and 37 hours of labour which is exhausting in itself, so the elCS was so much easier than the emCS. I also was aware of was next IYSWIM.

Mintyy Thu 02-Jan-14 20:34:48

You will find it a totally different experience to having an emcs, all calm and peaceful and lovely! Good luck.

Having said that, I think you need to name and shame whichever hospital discharged you 24 hours after your emcs! That is totally shocking and should be in the press angry.

postitnotes Fri 03-Jan-14 04:35:52

I'm booked in for tomorrow too! First baby. Can't sleep. Trying not to be panicky but think I could do with sedating right now! I'm over thinking the surgical side of things - being in a theatre and being awake and aware of what they're doing. Incredibly squeamish and this makes me feel sick now. Bleurgh.
Also have not decided on name either. Good luck for tomorrow.

HannahLaRouge Fri 03-Jan-14 04:45:39

I'm 10 weeks past my elcs (first baby,breech) and I thought I'd freak out in surgery too postit, but they make sure you can't see anything and although you can feel it, it's very easy to ignore/forget what they're doing. I found mine to be calm,peaceful and a generally fantastic experience,even though I'd been dreading it right up until I went into theatre. Good luck both of you - you'll be fine!

MoreBoober Fri 03-Jan-14 06:34:08

Thanks Hannah smile
Post it it know how you feel on the non sleeping front! All was going well until 5.30 then bling wide awake. Been Googling latching on a newborn (my DS was the worlds worse breast feeder but that's another story!). I found that the 1st time round by the time a got to theatre it was such a relief and the staff were so good it was absolutely fine. Still nervous though and keep wondering how I'm going to feel about new baby as I'm so in love with my son. Splitting my time and attention whilst trying to recover from the section is going to be super tricky.
Well I need to call the delivery suite in 30 mins to confirm we are ok to come up at 8am! shock
Good luck to us both grin

MrsSpencerReid Fri 03-Jan-14 06:59:32

Ooh me too, just waiting for them to take me up to delivery!! Good luck and hope we both have newborn snuggles really soon grin

MrsSpencerReid Fri 03-Jan-14 07:00:32

Missed you post it!! Sorry!! We have no name either! I'm hoping one will come to me in a flash of light (or something)smile

MoreBoober Fri 03-Jan-14 07:24:38

Great another one grin
Well I just called them and they told me I'm second on the list so don't come up till 9.30-10. Well at least I will get to see my DS before we go and play with his Christmas Train set whilst I can still vaguely get up and down from the floor wink

MoreBoober Fri 03-Jan-14 10:26:42

A technical delay at the hospital means we are currently back home and awaiting a call to tell us to come back up. Looks like it might be early afternoon, feeling super hungry already! hmm
Hope the others are fairing better grin

MrsSpencerReid Fri 03-Jan-14 14:41:21

Oh no!! DS was born at 9:29! He is being naughty tho, his blood sugar is low hmm hope your baby is better behavedgrin

MoreBoober Sat 04-Jan-14 01:15:05

Well after a delayed start the section went well and very straight forward. My DD was born 2.36pm weighing an impressive 8lb 10oz. What a pair of lungs too! Getting to know each other and feeling through loved up hormones again grin

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Sat 04-Jan-14 08:35:05

congratulations! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now