DD is now 16 weeks- C-Section site is constantly itchy and overhangs terribly.

(13 Posts)
Tiredemma Wed 01-Jan-14 21:12:29

sad

Really starting to get me down now.

Is it 'normal' to be itchy (but still have numbness?)

The overhang- will it ever go?

CitrusyOne Wed 01-Jan-14 21:13:45

Yes it's normal, numbness is also normal. Dd is now 15 months- mine hasn't gone altogether but it's smaller than it was!

plentyofsoap Wed 01-Jan-14 21:26:25

With my first section it took a couple of years for the feeling to return tbh. It takes along while for the swelling to go down so the overhang will get better.
Had my second 12 weeks ago and same again, no feeling!

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Wed 01-Jan-14 21:31:50

My section was 6 months a go and numbness went away at about 5 months, but it does get itchy and sweaty as I have an impressive over hang, hopefully will try and get rid of it soon, new year resolution. grin

My tummy stretch marks have just stated to become mega itchy as of late, so either putting on weight or losing it just now.

Tiredemma Wed 01-Jan-14 21:45:32

Tummy looks so bloated and horrible.

michellehardyvasey Wed 01-Jan-14 21:47:18

i have had 3 sections now my first one took nearly a year befor the numbness went away and my second was the same and i had my last section 8 weeks ago so im still numb the itchyness is bcause of the overhang and the heat just make sure that you keep it clean and dry i found that a folded sanitary towel tucked under my over hang helped
also my midwife told me to have a nice bath with lavander oil in it

tethersend Wed 01-Jan-14 21:50:50

It cold be thrush or an infection in the scar- see the GP who will more than likely prescribe a topical cream.

Mikkii Wed 01-Jan-14 22:15:20

I had one CS almost 7 years ago, followed by a second just over 3 years ago. My numbness is still approximately halfway between my scar and bell button and I gave no expectation of it improving.

I also have a very impressive overhang which gets sweaty and itchy. I use a talc free powder to absorb the sweat.

SkiSchoolRun Wed 01-Jan-14 22:18:22

No overhang but gets v itchy esp if I wear tight (Bridget Jones) knickers. I can't wear jeans for too many days in a row either. Have to have a legging day. 2y4m on.

VoodooChimp Thu 02-Jan-14 09:36:49

I had this for about a year afterwards.

It's 6 years ago now, and I've had no numbness, itching or overhang for several years. The scar is pretty much invisible. So in my case no long term effects.

olympicsrock Thu 02-Jan-14 13:09:31

Yes itching is completely normal for any scar -its part of the healing process. The overhang gets better as the tummy goes down. I had a numb area for a year but almost completly normal sensation 2 years later.

givemeaclue Thu 02-Jan-14 17:48:49

If is itchy check is not infection, go to nurse

Keptquietfortoolong Sat 04-Jan-14 18:01:49

The overhang might disappear, mine did after 9 months of EMCS
It's normal for a scar to be itchy, but go to the GP just in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now