is this the start of something?

(9 Posts)
chloeleanne Mon 30-Dec-13 20:17:38

Hey smile.... well today i woke up with lower back ache and hip ache...joked about with my partner that i was having fat day and thats probably why ached... as the day went on the backache seemed to have got worse.. we walked around the shops for a while and then returned home where i had a lie down to try and ease the aches (no luck the ache is still here)... i have just been laid in a warm bath for nearly an hour but this also gave no relief...my backache seems to be getting worse not unbearable but uncomfortable and is now accompanied by a constant dull lower abdominal ache also... this is my first baby so for those of you who have already experienced labour is this the start? Im 37 wreks and 2 days btw .. thank you for any replies

17leftfeet Mon 30-Dec-13 20:20:54

Is it constant or waves?

Things can get uncomfortable near the end

asandwichshort Mon 30-Dec-13 20:29:37

All of my labour contractions were only ever "back ache" so yes this may be the start (had mine at 39 weeks,39 weeks and 38 weeks)- however just ring your midwife/labour ward for advice. They usually tell you to have a couple of paracetamols to start with though!!! My pains were in the "haunchy" love handle bits above and to the side of buttocks and came in waves- good luck!

chloeleanne Mon 30-Dec-13 20:34:52

Yeah im having the pains/ cramps in the love handles lol.... and the pain is constantly there but intensifys in a wave i suppose every now and again i would exactly think it was contractions though as im not feeling any tightenings?

asandwichshort Mon 30-Dec-13 22:01:20

Mine was like that too!!! The tightening wasn't as noticeable at first as it wasn't painful - put your hand on your bump during your next wave and you may feel the tightening happening - I always wondered if I was odd because i never felt anything in my belly!! my 1st one was a long drawn out 28 hour affair in hospital with too much lying around - with the next i walked around and "rested" on the furniture until the wave passed - it was when the rests became longer than the walks I phoned the midwife and went into hospital!!! had dd2 within the hour! hope this helps!

JaquelineHyde Mon 30-Dec-13 22:09:50

Sounds promising, my first labour started like that. All backache and then 18 hours of active lab. Good luck.

asandwichshort Mon 30-Dec-13 22:16:39

hopefully when i check this thread in the morning , you're well on your way or even holding a New Year's Eve baby! I wonder whether it's an Eve or a StEve lol!!

chloecorey Sat 04-Jan-14 01:26:27

I gave birth at 37+2! Had major backache all day, went shopping and didn't think anything of it til my mucus plug went at 4, waters at 6 and contractions at 7 smile good luck grin

dizhin79 Sat 04-Jan-14 08:18:23

congrats xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now