40+1 - super active baby late at night - FGS why isn't he "calming down" ready for birth?

(7 Posts)
Chocolateteabag Wed 18-Dec-13 00:13:17

Last night and tonight feels like he's having a disco party inside from 10pm to now. He is fully engaged, head down bouncing on my bladder, arms and legs flying everywhere.
I thought they were supposed to get a bit quieter before birth - or am I just in for a 42-43 weeker?
Ds1 was 4 days early so this is all new to me.

lilyaldrin Wed 18-Dec-13 00:14:58

Less movements before birth is a myth I think. DS continued to be just as active right through labour.

Glad I'm not the only one!!! Mine has been crazy this past couple of nights, as if he's doing star jumps or something, ha ha! Very uncomfortable!

chloecorey Thu 02-Jan-14 00:56:53

My baby boy was active through all my pregnancy but the night before labour I was chillin on the couch with dp and he was going mental! Much more movements than normal it was like he was dancing was amazing, have birth the next day so hopefully it's a sign for you too smile

madwomanintheatt1c Thu 02-Jan-14 01:05:04

Total myth. Mind you, some babies are unusually active - with ds1 the midwives were recoiling in horror at my writhing bump during labour. They asked me if it was normal for the baby to be that active - sadly, yes. He literally wrestled his way out. He was ready for discharge after a day, but it took them 5 to re piece my nethers. <sigh>

ZenNudist Thu 02-Jan-14 19:07:25

Madwoman shock

I'm 37w & dc2 is always doing the cha cha! My bump wiggles something chronic! Ds1 was nowhere near as active in utero but has not sat still since he learned to roll. Sigh, what am I in for!!!

Chocolateteabag Wed 08-Jan-14 22:51:52

Just to update - had DS2 at 11:57am later that morning. He carried on kicking right through the contractions and was a very alert newborn.
Now 3 weeks old and still kicking - no chance of swaddling him!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now