i'm being induced today

(38 Posts)

And I'm bricking it. Totally and utterly. Have hardly slept and that's making me worse, knowing I need as much energy as possible.

Was also rather hoping the rather painful backache I've had for the last 12 hours would have developed into meaningful Labour by now, but no.

Would really appreciate some hand holding, please. #needy

Amy106 Sun 10-Nov-13 00:40:01

Good luck and best wishes!! thanks

JemR234 Sun 10-Nov-13 03:14:21

Wow congratulations! What a fantastic story. And to think you were worried about a 32 hour labour and not coping smile

I hope your stitches heal up well (I had a second degree tear too and found the recovery very straightforward and quick - just make sure you don't overdo it).

Sounds like you were a complete superstar. Well done and enjoy your lovely daughter. flowers

Twinklestarstwinklestars Sun 10-Nov-13 04:27:24

How exciting! It's not always long and drawn out, I've been induced 3 times all born within 12 hours of start of process, ds1 3 hour labour, ds2 20 mins and ds3 was 25 mins but on drip started about an hour before when waters were broken. Gas and air is fab!

Twinklestarstwinklestars Sun 10-Nov-13 04:28:59

Congrats

ZeroTolerance Sun 10-Nov-13 04:49:09

Oh congrats! Lovely times! What did you call her? smile

thistlelicker Sun 10-Nov-13 04:51:30

Congratulations! What's your baby called? You have give birth to her on the "odd day":-)thanks

Thank you! Still besotted <3 - forgot to say in the post, they didn't believe they were contractions because they weren't being picked up by the CTG for some reason. No one can really explain why. They were very intermittent for ages but it wasn't till I was hooked up they started to become more regular and get more painful.

Not sure I dare admit the names (she has 3!) ;) - we've named her Anya (cos we love it), Rose (because all the women on my mothers side have it as either a first or middle name) Linda (for OH's mum who died 3 years ago). We did toy with Anya-Rose Linda for a while but I hated the hyphen blush .

They've said for the next one (ha!!) to come to hospital the second I think I might be in labour, no messing!

RandomMess Sun 10-Nov-13 07:29:49

Congratulations flowers

Said you were well on your way already grin

Lovely names, my dds all have 3 names each for various reasons, makes them unique wink

TobyLerone Sun 10-Nov-13 07:51:27

Congratulations!

I was induced with DD in the same way -- just by having my waters broken, and I went from 4cm to her being born in 1.5 hours. Great, isn't it? grin

TobyLerone Sun 10-Nov-13 07:52:34

Both of my DC have 3 names. As will this baby when it's born. Why not?

I love Anya, btw.

CoconutRing Sun 10-Nov-13 13:28:10

Congratulations!! Love the name.

(It does make me smile when a MW tells a woman that it is too early to push. A woman really does know her own body. Don't you also find it amusing when a woman is told that she can't be having contractions because the mighty machine isn't registering them! Any good MW should know a contraction without a machine).

For you thanks brew cake

Misfitless Sun 10-Nov-13 15:16:16

Oh big hugs and congratulations! Welcome baby Anya Rose Linda (beautiful name!). That's just brilliant news! xx thanks

I think the no contractions thing confused her because the pain was all in my back, there was nothing at all over my bump. The whole thing took us all by surprise!

Am so pleased I was at hospital already booked in for the induction though - I genuinely didn't have a clue they were definitely contractions until I was examined so I never would have rung the midwife/delivery unit for back pain if I'd been at home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now