Sex after a 3rd degree tear

(10 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Tue 15-Oct-13 13:04:36

3c tear... let's just say - there's an 11 month age gap between my pair (albeit DD2 was a month prem) so you can do the maths.

roofio87 Sun 13-Oct-13 21:41:15

thanks everyone. dp is very good and understanding so will be patient, I just feel sorry for him as I went totally off sex when pg!! things feel like they're healing well so will see what dr says in 5 weeks time and cross my fingers (and legs for now!grin )

SinisterSal Sun 13-Oct-13 20:52:38

a good few months, maybe 3 or 4.... patience. wine. communication.

InsultingBadger Sun 13-Oct-13 20:49:56

6 weeks after 2nd degree tear. I was nervous but the longer I left I the worse it got.

bellablot Sun 13-Oct-13 20:47:04

3rd degree tear and 6 weeks post post birth, sore but nothing major. Relax and all will be fine. smile

BartBaby Sun 13-Oct-13 20:37:44

I ha an episiotomy and forceps and then tore aswell, and it took us about 4 weeks before we tried. Obviously very slowly with lots of lube.

Tea1Sugar Sun 13-Oct-13 18:59:40

I won't lie - 2 years and that was "only" a 3a tear. I required a restitch and then became totally phobic. Turns out I really do have the best, most patient dp ever smile. I'm now 12+5 with dc2. Hope your recovery is better.

cravingcake Sun 13-Oct-13 05:18:44

I had a 4th degree tear and it was about 3-4 months after birth before i felt brave enough. I was similar in that i wanted to but didnt feel physically ready. It wasnt great the first couple of times but didnt take too long to get back to feeling ok. Take things slow, dont pressure yourself, stop if you need to and definitely have a couple of glasses of wine to help you relax.

Cavort Sun 13-Oct-13 04:30:21

I had episiotomy and forceps and we first did it at 6 weeks postpartum. I was aware of scar but it wasn't painful. A bit of lube and a large glass of wine probably helped. smile

roofio87 Sat 12-Oct-13 17:05:00

ok, so it's only been 8 days since ds1 was born so not exactly racing to jump back into bed with dp, but I have to say I am feeling so in love with him since the birth of our son that I would love our physical relationship to resume soon. however I suffered a 3rd degree tear giving birth (4 tears in total) so am obviously very weary of sex (also not happening until I sort my contraception out!!!) so I was just wondering what other ladies experiences were of getting back on track after tearing/stitches. seeing the consultant at 6 weeks post birth so mayb best waiting until then!?!
Tia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now