How much longer have i got got left to go..........?

(12 Posts)
sheeplikessleep Mon 19-Aug-13 16:18:23

I am in a similar boat. I am 38+4 today, ds1 and ds2 went to 37 and 37+2, so I am amazed I've got this far.

Braxton hicks and pains for weeks, bump is so low and bit of mucus plug this morning. Everyone is now on standby. But the waiting s torture!!

SellbyDate Mon 19-Aug-13 12:20:29

..thanks everyone! I've got up today and visited the money eater horse and have done a few jobs at the stables, I vomited up my first breakfast so had another (better!) one in a caf and read the paper. Have just come in and the BH's have started up again. ratqueen Boosigh Acceptables Gerty I hope you are on your ways too. I think I'll go insane if I have to wait another fortnight! A Bath, a sleep and some baking and maybe another walk sounds like a plan.....

Box set sounds like a great idea too. I have lost the nesting feeling totally now....

TigerSwallowTail Mon 19-Aug-13 09:42:52

I was like that for about a week before I eventually had to be induced. I was in actual labor for only 45 minutes though which made up for it. Good luck, I hope things get moving quickly for you.

ratqueen Mon 19-Aug-13 09:23:20

ps ref. original q, if the midwife said you might have the baby over the weekend, then it sounds like like days not weeks... hope it happens for you soon!

5madthings Mon 19-Aug-13 09:22:24

Pre-labour not pretty labour...not sure labour is ever pretty!

5madthings Mon 19-Aug-13 09:21:08

Its pretty labour and its all helping get your body ready, unfortunately yes it can go on for days/week or so but its all good.

Try and rest and preserve some energy, a nice walk and then a long bath etc.

ratqueen Mon 19-Aug-13 09:18:52

I sympathise! I had BHs all Friday evening every 6/7 minutes and really thought it might be it! Nada all weekend since. Can stop 'symptom spotting' either smile I had that pre-AF hormonal can't bear hair in my face thing in the middle of the night too. I think you definitely have good signs.

But OTOH I have read that runs of BHs etc can go on for a while so I'd try and find something else to distract you. I'm considering an emergency boxset delivery. I am definitely going mad now. 41+1 and due to be induced Friday - time is passing slower than it ever has!!!!!

Boosiehs Mon 19-Aug-13 09:09:02

Snap. Same and 39+4 today.

Acceptableinthe70s Mon 19-Aug-13 09:07:34

Am 40+1 same thing - Lots of (painful for me) BH, heavy pressure down below, fet sick last night, tightenings, all last night and today nothing. Coud be up to a week or even nearing 2 we'll have to wait.

Gerty1002 Mon 19-Aug-13 07:49:56

You aren't going to want to hear this but I've been like this for over a week now... Getting very fed up. I'm only 38+3 and the thought that this could potentially go on for another 3.5 weeks is awful.

Hope you get to meet your baby soon.

ooh sellby.
you poor thing.
never had experience with this as my son was born 15 hours after the very first contraction I felt.
im now pregnant with my second and only 25+5.
I would just try to spend your time now being as active as you can to try and jiggle things along a bit.
I think the going for a walk thing is a good idea but try and make it a brisk walk if you can.
on the plus side at least your nearly there.
since I had my 20 week scan the time has dragged so much for me.
ive still got 14 weeks leftsad.
good luck and keep us updated.
I get so exited with these threads.
they keep me going when I feel time is dragging for me!

SellbyDate Mon 19-Aug-13 05:44:39

I woke up on Friday with period type cramps and vomited. Spent all day having braxton hicks that were coming like waves, they felt quite nice, like a rushing warm feeling. Lots of twinges and heavy heavy bearing down feeling against bum. V irritable and grumpy with DH, hair in face, noise, etc. Midwife said i was 2/5 and that she thought i might have our very big baby over weekend! Then by Saturday everything had completely stopped...!

Last night the Braxton Hicks started again, few twinges and pulls. Baby very wriggly too......

DH and i don't know what to do with ourselves! Have been watching lots of comedy and bouncing on my ball.

I think tomorrow i'm going to go out for a walk and potter round shops or something.

We have got the spare room ready for a home birth. I just want it to happen now but have a feeling this could go on for days and days and days............weeks even...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now