Does this sound like something might be starting to happen??

(78 Posts)

I'm 40+4 today. I've pretty much constant discomfort for the last few days but this evening it's period pain type pain. No real pattern, just some lighter cramps and some really strong ones. I've had no bloody show/mucus plug.

Does it sound like labour might be on the way???

First baby so a bit clueless!

Mummysaysno Fri 09-Aug-13 04:19:17

Sounds like sound advice...try to sleep though...honestly it's such a cliche but so true (like you can sleep knowing you're imminently about to go in to labour and you're on a drop!!!).
And tell DH to sleep!!!!
I'm in a different time zone, so wide awake!

Mummysaysno Fri 09-Aug-13 04:20:33

Drip not drop. You are not on a drop!
Darn that spell check!!

larlemucker Fri 09-Aug-13 07:46:01

How are you this morn helga?

ZingWidge Fri 09-Aug-13 07:58:12

how are you doing now?

Still no baby. Bloody show at 4am. Ended up sitting in a chair to try and get some sleep as pain is way worse if I'm lying down. Doc doing rounds at 830 so it will be up to him what happens next.

lovelychops Fri 09-Aug-13 08:32:03

You're doing really well. Even though it may not feel like it now, things are all heading in the right direction and you will meet your baby soon. As others have said, try to rest - easier said than done I know. Could you manage something to eat?

ZingWidge Fri 09-Aug-13 08:44:55

that's progress, so well done!
I presume they won't send you home now...

sending you nice contractions and an easy labour and birth!smile

They're def not sending me home. Contractions are getting longer and closer together. I was lucky that I had a sick bag to hand as I just threw up. Asked for gaviacon as well as heart burn was playing up.

Still not peeing property but no more drip, just downing water.

Hurray helga!!! I woke up with crazy contractions about 3am and got quite excited but after half an hour all settled down again for me. I've been bouncing on birth ball like a mad thing for an hour, loading dishwasher, making DS's breakfast and having a shower and still nada. So looks like you'll be having baby today and I'll be having a nap lol

Mummysaysno Fri 09-Aug-13 10:30:25

Oooh so exciting! Thinking of you!!!!

ZingWidge Fri 09-Aug-13 11:34:59

ah so exciting!

they can give you an anti-sickness tablet, it might work.

good luck, hopefully it won't be long.

lovelychops Fri 09-Aug-13 11:38:42

Very exiting.
Hope something happens for littlemiss soon too!

I was sick about four hours before ds was born. Good luck! smile

Still nothing. Blasted contractions refuse to increase from 5 mins apart. I've gone for a few wanders around the hospital and they increase a bit but the minute I sit down they slow down again!
They've also diagnosed a UTI which my GP picked up on but decided not to treat - so peeing is not fun!

Oh no, poor you! Don't worry it won't last forever, although I'm sure it feels like it will right now!

Have just had a sweep and pethadine. Hopefully something will start to happen. I feel a wimp for needing the pethadine at this stage ( only 2cm dilated) but its been almost 24 hours now and I'm exhausted.

Hopefully you will manage to get some sleep. It's best you have Iain relief now so you're able to recharge your batteries, don't feel like a whimp you're doing great smile plus it's harder when you're in hospital rather that in the comfort of your own home

winewinewine For you helga!! Enjoy the pethidine!! I just went on a long walk round the park trying to get things started but...nothing part from v mild contractions. So I'm jealous!! Hope baby arrives for you tonight grin

I would have been more comfy at home but with it being my first I didn't know what was normal so wanted the reassurance that everything was ok.

I'm lucky with my ward though, it's nice and quite, the most people in in were 4 earlier and it's down to 2 now.

Completely understand. I was induced with both of mine and I don't think I'd have been able to stay at home!

I really hope things start kicking off for you smile

littlemiss the way things are going for me you could still have your baby before me!

ZingWidge Fri 09-Aug-13 21:26:05

good luck to all of you and here is a little encouragement:

▼▼▼▼▼B▼A▼B▼I▼E▼S▼▼▼▼▼G▼E▼T▼▼▼▼O▼U▼T▼!▼▼▼▼▼▼

grin

You're definitely heading in the right direction, 2cm is good. Hope to read that your baby has arrived when I check in in the morning. Sending you lots of luck x

Good luck littlemiss, hope things get moving soon for you too smile

In a bath. Contractions really strong but still 4-6 mins apart. I can't keep going like this. They're going to have to do something today.

ZingWidge Sat 10-Aug-13 04:15:49

you'll get there. keep strongsmile

if it's to painful do consider an epidural.

how many cms dilated are you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now