Not really childbirth related - maternity pad help!

(12 Posts)
Neiffer Fri 12-Jul-13 15:28:34

I wasn't sure where to post this as its not pregnancy or childbirth. Hopefully someone will be able to help!
I gave birth 6 days ago and have been using standard maternity pads since. The loss has gone down to period like amount now so I bought some sanitary towels to use instead. However, they really irritated my stitches and I think I've had a slight allergic reaction to them. So I'm back on maternity pads. I'd really like to get something smaller and lighter but not sure what to buy. Csn you get smaller maternity pads? Or sanitary towels made from the same stuff? I bought always with that sort of plastic like top...

AuntieStella Fri 12-Jul-13 15:33:05

Always have introduced scent to most of their range and it really shouldn't be used postnatally.

You could try the night pads by Kotex (all unscented) or Bodyform (check pack - nearly the whole range is unscented, but you don't want to be caught out again, especially when caring for a post-partum perineum).

Neiffer Fri 12-Jul-13 15:34:26

Ahh I didn't realise that, I never use towels normally just tampons. Thanks, ill have a proper look at the packaging! I imagine it was that that's irritated everything.

AuntPepita Fri 12-Jul-13 15:37:10

I used this brand, all cotton, no scent or plastic

AuntPepita Fri 12-Jul-13 15:39:37
notso Fri 12-Jul-13 15:48:41

I think boots do slim maternity pads or maybe mothercare.

AlisonL1981 Fri 12-Jul-13 16:09:49

I got some slim pads from boots. Similar thickness to sanitary towels.

nannyl Fri 12-Jul-13 18:48:44

tesco do thin maternity pads

Chesterado Sat 13-Jul-13 04:55:35

Slim pads from boots or try the own brand maxi pads, they come in big packs rather than pre folded and are basically a cheaper and smaller version of a maternity pad.

wispa31 Sat 13-Jul-13 11:59:26

my bf gave a bag full of stuff last night and in it was a pack of maternity pads by tescos and they are the slimline ones. am actually not looking forward to the pad wearing thing after as i only ever use tampons as i dont like the feeling of 'stuff' coming out (sorry tmi)

atrcts Sat 13-Jul-13 12:13:39

Asda do ultra thin maternity pads, I think, or am I thinking of ultra thin breast pads? (Oh dear, all this newborn sleep deprivation is pickling my poor brain!)

Worth checking out though, as Asda normal maternity pads are by far better than Mothercare, Sainsburys etc -- who's pads separate in the middle like an overwashed lumpy pillow, leaving no protection at all!---

Neiffer Sat 13-Jul-13 19:20:41

Thank you everyone, I'm hitting the shops tomorrow smile totally agree about tampon/pad thing, I hate wearing pads. Although tampon use is waaaayyyy off, I hope! Good ole breastfeeding smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now