quick first labour, what happened with the second?

(11 Posts)
joanna0211marie Wed 10-Jul-13 11:33:46

My first contraction was at 11 am on the 5th June and my dd was in my arms at 3:30 pm the same day, doctors say if I have another it would probably be a home birth, what's your experiences? X

BIWI Wed 10-Jul-13 11:34:40

First labour - 4 hours
Second labour - 2.75 hours!

Bramshott Wed 10-Jul-13 11:34:52

DD1 2hrs 45, DD2 1hr 30 and born in the car - oops!

joanna0211marie Wed 10-Jul-13 11:39:34

Jesus Christ! Was it more painful second time, coz it was like BANG contractions arrived, went to triage at 4cm after half an hour, then ten minutes later I was 7cm. I was in the,early labour room at that point when I said to the midwife MY BUM IS PUSHING! Didn't know what hit me, waters burst as a was pushing.

TeWiSavesTheDay Wed 10-Jul-13 11:41:56

I had a homebirth just in case, but actually my second labour was 3 times as long - no reason for this.

prepare for quicker but be aware slower is also possible.

deXavia Wed 10-Jul-13 11:45:31

About 30 minutes and delivered on the bathroom floor! If you can plan a home birth I'd recommend it wink

Bramshott Wed 10-Jul-13 11:49:27

Yes, mine were both fast and furious (and painful, but I imagine long labours are painful too!). No gentle build up - my body seems to fire babies out with speed and efficiency!

joanna0211marie Wed 10-Jul-13 12:01:55

I had 2 codeine tablets, and gas and air, both utterly useless for pain, but im sure entonox is a cheaper alternative to wine? I've never felt as drunk as that made me feel, at first I hated the feeling, but when it got to pushing I was sucking on that thing till I pulled it off!

MiaowTheCat Wed 10-Jul-13 13:34:44

First - about 1hr 30 (but a lot of bloody painful unproductive contracting where I didn't dilate before that)... second - not sure on the exact timing but the midwife put it as under 15 minutes (again lots of contracting doing fuck all before then). Midwife concluded "you just go bang" - I just about got my jeans off in time!

No way on this planet am I having number 3!

Biscuitsneeded Sat 13-Jul-13 15:53:06

1st was 8 hours but fully dilated in about 4 and then faffed about because he was back -to - back. 2nd - 32 mins. I'd go for the home birth!

Vajigglejaggle Sat 13-Jul-13 15:56:21

I've been wondering this as my first labour was 7 1/2 hours from start to finish so I'm wondering if my next one will be even quicker. I was relieved I didn't have days of contractions but my word it hurt straight from the word go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now