Does your DH/family try to 'schedule' the birth?

(41 Posts)

I am very fed up. I'm 38+5 today with DC4 and this has been a rubbish pregnancy with hyperemesis until 36 weeks and threatened pre-term labour at 27 weeks followed by weeks of 'irritable uterus'. I would really like to have given birth at 37 weeks but baby clearly wasn't ready. I'm OK with that. Fed up, but OK.

My family and DH, however, keep telling me what days would be particularly convenient/inconvenient for me to give birth on. They keep watching me like I'm about to produce a baby if they look away. It's starting to stress me out. I would like to retreat into a little safe cocoon for a few days without them! And don't even get me started on the reminders that if I don't give birth soon, my family will have to go home soon without seeing the baby (never mind the clash of ideas about visits in the first 24 hours).

I'm not due for another nine days! Leave me alone!

ChunkyPickle Wed 03-Jul-13 11:39:31

I am aghast at people - how do they think this all works? Do they think you're deliberately not having the baby?

Baffling. People are totally baffling.

ChippingInWiredOnCoffee Wed 03-Jul-13 11:44:33

Chunky Baffling is right... along with utterly fucking barking grin OP - tell them all to fuck off go home and leave you in peace!

Well DD3 was very obliging with schedules and was born in the pool today, all 9lb 13 oz of her (I'm a size 8 and 5ft 4!). DS has been vomiting all day so it's just as well that my mum is still around.

RuckAndRoll Thu 04-Jul-13 08:16:45

Congratulations Room and welcome BabyRoom

ChasedByBees Thu 04-Jul-13 08:21:26

Congratulations! thanks

BraveLilBear Thu 04-Jul-13 09:47:45

Congrats Room! Very impressive effort! grin

Kayls93 Thu 04-Jul-13 23:19:59

My brother in law text me earlier asking if I'd had the baby yet. I replied "yeah but I'm just keeping it a secret for now, have hidden it in a cupboard" he was less than impressed but seriously, I think we would have told him if the baby had arrived. And MIL keeps saying "just cross your legs until i finish work next week" like I can decide when it's coming?! Not that it should matter, unless she's planning on practically moving in?!

MiaowTheCat Fri 05-Jul-13 16:42:04

My mum was the worst. I s on and our with threatened premature labour and she told them to get on with inducing me so she could make her trip to Bulgaria! The look of horror on the midwife's face said it all!

pillowupmyjumper Fri 05-Jul-13 22:17:09

After a failed induction, being in hospital since Tuesday , no sleep and very sore bits my aunty decides to shout ' get on with it' and 'stick a bomb up your backside'

What a twat

kickassangel Sat 06-Jul-13 00:27:01

Actually, dd was 5 mins late. She was IVF so we know to the nearest hour when she was conceived, and she appeared at 8.05 38 weeks later.

My mum was fed up cos first babies are meant to be 2 weeks late, so I proved her wrong.

MiaowTheCat Mon 08-Jul-13 09:02:25

My mum to the midwife when I was in and out threatening slightly pre-term labour...

"Can you not just hurry up and induce her so I can make my business trip to Bulgaria on Tuesday" (she was on standby to babysit DD1 and then had decided without telling us to book this trip anyway)

Midwife's face was a picture.

rachk2702 Mon 08-Jul-13 17:57:48

DPs family kept telling me to "hurry up and have him early so we can have cuddles". I told them that I'm sure they don't wont him to be born too early and end up in NICU!! Some people are so ridiculous!

cookiemonster100 Sat 20-Jul-13 12:26:17

Congrats Room on your new arrival

My in laws are staying at a local hotel when our baby arrives as there is not much room at ours & they are a PITA

Realistically baby could come between 37 & 42 weeks & My FIL keeps ringing to check which dates should he book as there are discounts if you book early. He has come out with such classics of "I am sure if you ask the midwife they could tell if you are going to be early or late...". Mmmm........

Mayanbob Sun 21-Jul-13 23:33:17

Congratulations Room

I had to jump in here, because a relative who lives abroad is visiting DH's parents for the 3 weeks before i'm due, and then they can see the baby and we can all go out together hmm And i've been told that it's going to come a week early- and i'll squeeze it out then because this relative's DP had her first slightly early. Now i'm willing baby to be late, just to prove.... I don't know what. But serve them right for being so irritating.

purplemurple1 Thu 25-Jul-13 09:41:49

Congratualtions room

I'm so glad this nonsense hasn't started for me yet, OH wants the bb to come a week early but seems to get that I can't do any more about that than he can. 33+6 so I guess there time for family etc to start to get annoying, I must prepare some witty comebacks!

Boosiehs Thu 25-Jul-13 09:48:12

My DH wants the baby to be late. smile

I'm 36 weeks today and all I want is for junior to turn up asap as I am TOO HOT AND TIRED.

sigh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now