39 weeks with dc2 and feel like labour starting every day!

(4 Posts)
Crmmum Thu 27-Jun-13 22:53:47

Hi, I'm 39 +3 with dc2 (less than 2 year gap), and for the past week I have felt like its all kicking off every single night, and am getting so frustrated! I have been having increasingly painful contractions every evening (5-10 minute gaps for 2-4 hours straight), but when I go to bed it all stops. Has anyone else experienced this?

crazykat Thu 27-Jun-13 23:12:40

I had this from around 35 weeks with DC3 - she was 6 days overdue in the end.

My MW said its good as it helps prepare you for labour. It's also more likely you'll notice braxton hicks contractions in subsequent pregnancies - a bit like recognising kicks earlier second time round if that makes sense.

crazykat Thu 27-Jun-13 23:15:15

It must have worked as when labour did start with DC3 my contractions went from every ten mins to every 3 mins within half an hour and she was born under five hours from the first contraction.

I almost left for hospital a few times as it got down to every three mins for over an hour.

Drhamsterstortoise Thu 27-Jun-13 23:21:33

Yep my second was like this too.Went into hospital ar 35 weeks with contractions which went on for a few hours.Was kept in overnight and monitored.They didn't know what had caused them.A young nurse recommended I drink loads of water as being dehydrated can cause uterine contractions.They stopped during the night.For the following month there were lots of times I thought ... This is it... This is definitely it.My mil reckoned it was all helping and I was getting most of the hard work out of the way.Well she was right.I had a nice quick labour-2 hours.I hope the same goes for you-best of luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now