Induction with high blood pressure

(6 Posts)
Twinklestarstwinklestars Mon 24-Jun-13 09:37:14

I'm nearly 37 weeks and have a few issues in this pregnancy, sudden drop in fluid, high blood pressure which is creeping up despite medication increase and also my alkaline phosphates? Level is significantly raised so its looking like induction I think.

Am seeing my consultant later to get a plan but was anyone induced with high blood pressure or am I more likely looking at caesarean?

MrsJ12 Mon 24-Jun-13 11:54:19

Hi,

My blood pressure crept up gradually over the 3rd trimester so I was monitored almost daily for the last few weeks before being admitted at 40+2 for an induction. However the high BP was my only symptom

Induction worked well and my contractions started within a few hrs and my BP actually went down while in labour!

TarkaTheOtter Mon 24-Jun-13 12:12:22

They might insist on an epidural as that can bring down your bp. Hope it goes well. My induction at 38weeks (with epidural) was very straightforward and positive.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Mon 24-Jun-13 13:01:50

I've been induced twice before so happy I've now got a date for next week. Spoke to the consultant and she said they have various drugs they can give me if it shoots up.

forgetmenots Mon 24-Jun-13 13:08:52

I was induced with pre eclampsia at 39 weeks - bp had been fine whole pregnancy and then it went up at 38+6... Trace of protein in my urine which when measured the next day had also rocketed.

No one mentioned a section, I was induced and had a forceps delivery - had to have an epidural to keep bp down but was pretty glad of that anyway once the drip got started smile

forgetmenots Mon 24-Jun-13 13:09:20

Sorry x post OP. good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now