Potential live labour thread...ooo

(96 Posts)
HappyGoLuckyGirl Tue 11-Jun-13 23:09:28

I'm exactly 40 weeks today and had my first contraction at about 9pm this evening.

I wouldn't have normally thought I was in labour (lots of umming and ahhing over the past two weeks) but since my first pain I've been on the loo 4 times and its what I can only think of as a 'clear out'.

Contraction every 20-25 minutes, lasting around 20 seconds so think I'm in for a loooong night.

Hope things speed up for you soon happy, sounds like you're coping really well so far though smile

wickeddevil Sat 22-Jun-13 17:13:43

Good luck all of you x

Badgerwife Sat 22-Jun-13 18:58:14

Hello everyone!

I thought I would join in as I'm 40+1 and have had contractions on and off since yesterday morning. It's the slowest build-up EVER, as they've kept on dying off and starting again, and I'm now on every 10 minutes, fairly painful but only lasting 40 seconds max.

The tricky bit is that despite this being my second, I haven't really done this at home before, as I had to be induced last time after my waters broke and stayed the course in hospital. So the whole thing is complete guesswork and I'm trying not to panic about babysitting!

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sat 22-Jun-13 21:58:39

Thanks for all the good wishes.

My waters broke this am exactly 48 hours after my sweep. Went into hospital at midday as pain was becoming too much.

Was very relieved to be given an epidural. DD arrived at 18:30ish. She is a very lovely 10lb whopper!

Happy and Looking thinking of you.

Badger same here, went straight in last time. But actually managed 2 hours at home (am a wuss so knew it wouldn't be longer before I was in hosp begging for an epi).

Found 'Contraction App' good to help me time things. Good luck.

wickeddevil Sat 22-Jun-13 22:00:42

Congratulations Margo on the birth of your DD. hope you are all doing well x

fengirl1 Sat 22-Jun-13 22:02:20

MML, congratulations, and HGLG, my first labour was like this second one shot out like a rocket and would have been born at home if my membranes weren't so tough rest lots, eat what you can.

Congratulations margo! I love how you said nothing was happening and less than 24hrs later you have your baby smile Enjoy your snuggles with your new DD!

lookingfoxy Sun 23-Jun-13 03:00:33

Congratulations margo, my dd arrived at 18.46pm yesterday! !
I ended up on the drip as breaking my waters didn't really bring on regular contractions. I managed on gas and air and got some morphine about 10 mins before dd arrived, wee bit late forbthe birth but didn't need paracetamol afterwards for a while lol.
Hoping happys silence means baby is enroute!

lookingfoxy Sun 23-Jun-13 03:03:37

Yesterday being Friday, I'm still in a fuddle lol.

something2say Sun 23-Jun-13 10:29:16

Congratulations on your little cancer babies! Very happy for you.

Congratulations foxy smile

MrsMargoLeadbetter Mon 24-Jun-13 09:47:01

Thanks for the nice messages. Am very in love with her.

Congrats Looking. Sounds like you really well to mainly manage on gas and air!

Hoping Happy has her baby too...

lookingfoxy Tue 25-Jun-13 00:25:59

I know margo, hoping all ok with happy.
I didn't manage that well, gas and air and a lot of screaming lol.
They are so adorable though, I can't stop staring at her.

HappyGoLuckyGirl Tue 25-Jun-13 00:48:05

Hi ladies!

well done and congratulations to the both of you! grin

well the contractions that I was having from friday morning weren't really doing much (other than causing pain) so ended up being induced Sunday morning anyway.

I was given the the propess at 9am and left to have baths, use tens etc. At about 6pm I was examined and found to be favourable for ARM, so off I popped to delivery suite.

Started on gas and air then had a shot of diamorphine (brilliant stuff) then I had my waters broken at about 10.30pm.

Shortly after that Baby's heart rate started to dip and stayed dangerously low (ranging from 50-100 bpm) so I was pretty much whisked into theatre for an emergency section.

Samuel was born at 23.18 and despite the horrific pain and the frightening way he arrived, he is the most perfect, amazing and downright gorgeous little person I have ever laid eyes on.

I cannot even fathom how much my heart must have grown over the past day to accommodate for the sheer volume of love I have for him.

I'm the luckiest woman in the world. grin

SugarandSpice126 Tue 25-Jun-13 01:00:05

Congratulations!!

lookingfoxy Tue 25-Jun-13 11:09:58

Aw congratulations, as long as you are both safe and well that is the main thing.
Its an amazing feeling when they arrive x

MrsMargoLeadbetter Tue 25-Jun-13 22:13:37

Awww Happy so glad to hear Samuel is here safely. Sorry your labour wasn't as maybe hoped, but it sounds like you are on cloud 9.

Enjoy your babies ladies. Thanks for your support and thoughts.

farmersdaughter Wed 26-Jun-13 14:06:13

Arghhhhhhh lovely. Glad Master Happy has arrived safe and well xx

Great news, congratulations! smile

Badgerwife Thu 27-Jun-13 10:58:53

congrats everyone! Baby Lucie here was born on Sunday 23rd at 11.41am.

TMI bit: She's doing fab, I'm doing ok, although I only got home yesterday due to, wait for it, not a tear but a varicose vein on my labia exploding due to my way too efficient pushing (by the way, the improvements to the epidural are Amazing, no pain but you have full control over the pushing, just fab) and requiring stitching and waiting for the swelling to subside. You do not want this!! But i've recovered well and there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed.

HappyGoLuckyGirl Thu 27-Jun-13 14:02:16

Wow badger, that sounds quite surreal!!

Well done on getting baby out safe and sound and congratulations grin

How are we all doing with our bundles of joy?

Baby Sam is just amazing. He is truly the greatest thing I have ever done in all my life grin he feeds and sleeps amazingly well during the day but tends to take less milk and wake more frequently during the night. That aside, however, everything is going well. His eyes watching me whilst I'm feeding him or just holding him is just pure magic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now