C section overhang - a quick survey

(15 Posts)
TripleRock Fri 17-May-13 13:26:06

If you've got a c section overhang, was it improved or worsened after a second section?

Also were you EMCS or ELCS and do you feel this made any difference?

TIA

NarkyNamechanger Fri 17-May-13 13:27:40

Can I hijack and ask why it's always called a c section overhang? I had three vaginal births and have one!

TheDeadlyDonkey Fri 17-May-13 13:28:26

I've had one EMCS and three ELCS.
The overhang has stayed the same with all of them.
If I put my mind to it, I could shelter a small family under it sad

Ladyhaha Fri 17-May-13 13:34:25

Also had one Emergency section and one elective and it's the same. But the stretch marks are worse.

Panzee Fri 17-May-13 13:39:17

Two electives, second one far worse.

BalloonSlayer Fri 17-May-13 18:57:52

Three sections, first emergency, 2nd and third elective.

The overhang is very small and has remained about the same with all. They cut out the old scar when they do a new c-section.

I am not overweight and the overhang is barely noticeable. In fact I wouldn't call it an overhang at all, there is nothing "hanging over." It just looks from the side as if the curve of my tummy goes "in" a little too much at the point where the scar is, it sort of interrupts the line of the curve if you see what I mean, but that is all.

I would not be at all self-conscious about if I had to be naked in front of strangers. It has improved due to doing stomach exercises (30 day shred).

lotsofcheese Sat 18-May-13 10:26:39

Definitely worse with the 2nd!!

After my 1st, I lost my baby weight within a week & it wasn't so bad.

This time, I lost the baby weight within a week as well, but my "shelf" as I call it, makes me look about 16 weeks pregnant still. I can't fit in my jeans despite being my pre-pregnancy weight hmm

When will it go away?

Panzee Sat 18-May-13 12:42:04

I'm using a Velcro corset thing to pull it back in. But I suspect I have diastasis recti (sp?) this time.

Beatrixpotty Sat 18-May-13 15:43:39

3 ELCSs,after 2nd one had a bit and strangely, now after 3rd have a nicer scar and none.

turkeyboots Sat 18-May-13 16:06:28

2 ELCs here and no overhang either time. Must have got lucky with surgeons. But am an apple shape so maybe its just less obvious given my shape?

Highlander Sun 19-May-13 20:10:20

2 ELCS, no overhangs or stretch marks.

Reenypip Sun 19-May-13 20:14:12

Had my 2nd elective c section last week and overhang is definitely worse

1944girl Mon 20-May-13 00:32:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Theyoniwayisnorthwards Mon 20-May-13 02:16:36

One EMCS, followed 2 years later by an elective. Overhang looks worse this time, it's awful but I'm still 6 months PP (it improved at around 18 months after my first), I'm 2 stone overweight and I have a 14 finger diastasis. I'm doing the tupler technique, C25K and John Briffa diet so hope to see improvements in the next few months.

C999875 Mon 20-May-13 03:34:59

I had an E.M.C.S and I will opt to have E.L.C.S when there is hopefully a next time, and my over hang looks awful but so what. I had very dangerously high blood pressure so they had to get her out right away. and if over hangs are the price I am paying for becoming a mum then it isa price definatley worth paying. I remember the midwife coming around the next morning talking about the importance of doing stomache exercises and I was like oh yeah o.k, but I didn't listen. T.b.h i I didn't care I was too much in love with my gorgeous little miracle to worry about having a flat tummy. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now