Overdue and anxious about possible induction over the bank hol weekend - please reassure me!

(3 Posts)
festive Thu 16-May-13 14:59:05

Am 40+6 with DC2 and doesn't look like baby will be shifting anytime soon.
Due to see the midwife tmrw and she will book my induction for term plus 14 which is next Fri.
MIL mentioned to me earlier that its the bank hol weekend then, and am now worried that induction will be postponed due to skeleton staffing or whatever.
Now I know it's silly and i could go in to labour tonight or whatever but am overdue and going a bit crazy worrying about various things - can someone reassure me? Has anyone else experienced this? Also if induction is booked for term plus 14 do you actually go in the day before to get prepped? I can't actually remember from last time...

Hamnvik Thu 16-May-13 15:04:13

I was induced over Easter weekend it didn't really make any difference, the only thing was the doctors took a bit longer to do their rounds. It depends what your having for the induction but I went in at 40+12 and had the propess pessary thing but I didn't get to go home as babies heart rate was erratic (he is fine). It depends on the hospital as well but your midwife should tell you probably at your next appointment what will happen.

Good luck, either way you will have your baby soon!

festive Thu 16-May-13 15:57:15

Ok thanks. Expect am worrying about nothing!
Will check with mw tmrw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now