Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Don't think this baby is ever coming

(33 Posts)
mamabrownbear Mon 13-May-13 20:18:50

Feeling grumpy. Now 40+4 although we were sceptical about the due date to begin with however none of this helps. Feel house bound, want to avoid people who reel off the cliches "haven't had it yet then?" "You don't look like you've dropped" and "it will be worth it it" oh f**k off, none of that helps. I don't even feel bored with pregnancy, I feel fine. It's the uncertainty of what we can do each day. I've had no labour signs. None. No show, no BH, no twinges. Nothing. So bored of sleeping and eating. I feel like this baby will never come and to be honest, now I'm just in a bad mood and feel very unmotherly. I'm annoyed. DH is being great and trying to keep my mood up and I must be getting annoying to him too. I'm snapping at our adorable dog who is my world. It's like the ideal window has been and gone and now I'm over it all. Anyone else feeling like this? And please no eat curries, pineapples, sex advice...see above re cliches...

squidgeberry Mon 13-May-13 20:32:19

Can I join your grumpy club? Am 40 + 2 and was refused a home birth last week due to anaemia, and ever since then, I just can't get motivated for this birth.

Doesn't help that I went to 42 weeks last time and had an induction which I really don't want to do again. And all the "helpful tips" drive me crazy!

betsyb75 Mon 13-May-13 20:35:41

Oh Mama I am with you.
I am 41 weeks today, no sign of baby at all.
I am getting daily texts/calls of "any sign yet"? "Are you sure you are pregnant"? " And advising all the old cliches....to be honest the last thing I want to do is to dtd with DP and curry gives me heartburn.
I have been stuck inside like a hermit for the last 2 weeks hiding from the neighbours who seem to pop out of the hedge asking -"not had it yet then?

This is Dc1 so I have no advice, just wanted to say I feel the same, and I feel a bit of a grump admitting it!

ShowOfHands Mon 13-May-13 20:40:54

Have you tried pineapple?

You ram it up the jacksy of anybody asking if you've had it yet and all research seems to suggest it really works.

Fluffy1234 Mon 13-May-13 20:40:56

I know you don't want advice but spending a couple of hours driving over speed bumps really worked for me.

Tiredtrout Mon 13-May-13 20:41:03

It's just shit, was due last Thursday, been having all sorts of signs for weeks, house guests from hell for the weekend, just think everyone should fuck off, especially those that suggest sex. Bastards can't get up to go to the loo let alone have a decent shag

Tinker2013 Mon 13-May-13 21:02:00

Can I join in this grumpy thread? Please!

41 weeks today, two sweeps and nothing, same as you all sick of the texts/emails/calls and the cliches, try this, try that

Fingers crossed we all have our babies very soon!

festive Mon 13-May-13 22:11:03

I hear you ladies! Am 40+3 with DC2 and should have known I'd go over after delivering at 40+13 last time. Just naively thought this one might be on time or early even.
Made worse by weeks of everyone saying 'you've dropped so low' 'there's no way you'll get to 40 weeks' etc. grrrrrrr.
If I get another text asking if 'any twinges?'....

MrsJ12 Mon 13-May-13 22:22:38

Definitely with you ladies. I'm certainly feeling grumpy and sorry for myself.

I'm 40+2 and been stuck at home resting with high blood pressure for 3 weeks now and seeing the midwife every other day. Felt so cooped up but now even worse as they admitted me this afternoon until baby is born. Id hoped this may have meant being induced earlier but still looks like being the end of this week at the earliest unless anything changes.

And if I get one more text asking me if any news. Grrgghh!

katkoala Mon 13-May-13 23:53:47

I wanna join in...40+6 and no signs whatsoever, spart from over active bowels (sorry tmi) and hellish piles as a result (sorry even mire tmi).
One workmate text me st the start snd end of today...wtf?! If I miss a call from my 3 sister's...I must be in labour...I've no chat left tbh when you call/text me every couple of hours shock
My cervix were too posterior last thu to do a sweep...this lil fella is trying to steal his daddy's bday, and I'm really okay with that, why does everyone presume I'll be totally fed up...I'm just fed up of the calls and texts, do they really think I won't want to shout from the rooftops when he does arrive????
God that feels good to get that out wink

csmm Tue 14-May-13 10:39:56

Due on Thursday, and like MrsJ High Blood pressure. They said originally they wouldn't let me go overdue, now they're saying they'll just see. Getting all the texts/phone calls already. All the women in my family have really late babies though so not overly optimistic. DC1 was 10 days late and if it's any consolation I had no signs beforehand - no show and they had to break my waters at 8cm after 16hrs of labour.
I feel your frustration. Not sick of pg yet, but fed up of not knowing day-to-day what to organise. Off to cuddle my friend's 2 wk old baby now to see if that helps

purrpurr Tue 14-May-13 10:49:04

40+9 here, really feel your pain OP. So so sick of the stupid 'advice' and comments. My 'best friend' (sincerely reconsidering her role in my life whatsoever at this point) and my mother seem to have joined forces to become the most annoying twosome on the face of the planet, they seem to take great glee in saying 'oh dear, you need to chill out, your baby will come when it's ready, there's no point being fed up about it' oh do fuck off why don't you? Every flipping day the same texts from the same people, who only seem to want to be involved in the drama of the overdue baby and don't actually give a flying chocolate-coated shit how I'm feeling.

Tiredtrout Tue 14-May-13 11:22:27

Still no bloody baby, off to see an accupuncturist now

betsyb75 Tue 14-May-13 11:48:12

I have now been booked in to be induced Friday morning, will be 40+11. I am really anxious about this, but at least I know by the weekend I will be a mum. Feels like I have been pregnant forever! grin

Callipygian Tue 14-May-13 11:54:56

41+5 here. Final sweep today. I have the opposite situation to you. Ive been showing all the signs, 4cm dilated when they checked at my last sweep two days ago and I've been fully effaced for at least a week, just no pains.

Im starting to feel like my body just doesn't know what to do.

Me too - 40 +2 and ready to explode at the next person who asks if I've had any twinges yet! Reflexology tonight and a walk this afternoon, fingers crossed (Seemed to work with DS after 12 days so we shall see).

Tiredtrout Tue 14-May-13 14:23:54

Accupuncturist was a waste of time, after I walked to the other side of town she refused to treat me in case she induced labour and it was too quick! I did try saying no really just do it but she held firm

megarobotdiscoparty Tue 14-May-13 14:24:08

Really feeling for you ladies -I've had texts and FB messages for the last week and I'm still only 39+2. God knows what this is going to be like after EDD has been and gone.

Worst part is I'm quite merrily still pregnant, and fairly relaxed about it all going on for another three weeks. What's winding me up is being hassled as if I'm holding up everyone else's lives by hanging on to this baby!

festive Tue 14-May-13 16:23:54

My midwife wouldn't even attempt a sweep last fri at 40w cos previously 3/5ths engaged baby had apparently un-engaged! Have another apt with her tmrw at 40+5 and hoping for better news.
Soooo fed up of the advice re curries and sodding pineapples. Have decided am more likely to kick off labour by relaxing DH's one pint rule and going out shopping / for lunch miles away from home and the hospital. Without my notes. Ha.

organiccarrotcake Tue 14-May-13 19:49:30

Oh your body does know what to do! Dates are notoriously unreliable and every woman is different of course too. voices.yahoo.com/the-lie-edd-why-due-date-isnt-you-1958162.html?cat=25

Hang on in there ladies. I know it's so frustrating having people on the case!

MrsJ12 Wed 15-May-13 15:00:16

I was going to ask how everyone was doing but decided I'd just be turning into one of those people driving me mad smile

Had a sweep yesterday and nothing. Midwife has me bouncing on a ball now sniffing aroma therapy oils. If nothing will be induced in the morning as baby is just too laid back (definitely a daddy's baby)

mamabrownbear Wed 15-May-13 18:58:08

I've got fourth round of acupuncture tomorrow. Sigh. Can't afford much more! Midwife is against sweeps so luckily not something I have to worry about yet. Still no signs of anything. Just keeping a low profile and avoiding people. Less depressed about it all but still not quite my normal breezy self. Oh and eating everything in the house isn't helping...

festive Wed 15-May-13 19:57:46

Saw the mw again today - still no sweep! Cervix 'nice and soft and 2cm dilated' but still too posterior so she couldn't reach it to do a sweep. Back again on Fri. Sigh.
Best advice she had for me was to sit on a back to front chair and lean forward!

pinkteapot Thu 16-May-13 15:02:53

not overdue only 38 wks. reading thread anyway n had to say, purrpurr I love your turn of phrase!! :-) both apt amd heartfelt..

mamabrownbear Fri 17-May-13 19:17:08

Yesterday 5 messages and still getting them. Now 41+1 and feeling terrible guilt about not feeling joyous about birth now. It's a horrible pressure I'm feeling and every message from family and friends feels like a reminder that I'm failing in the simplest of tasks. Any updates from fellow grumpies most welcome, especially if there is light at the end of this sodding tunnel...x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now