Had ctx for 12 hours now, been sent home from hospital, not sure how to cope.

(39 Posts)
Thingiebob Wed 08-May-13 09:28:02

Ctx since 9pm last night gradually getting more and more painful until about 4 mins apart. Went to hospital only to be told ctx irregular, cervix posterior? Unable to reach and baby not fully engaged so Sent home.

Thing is baby is OP, so feel like my backs breaking. In so much pain with no relief. I've had nosleep and can't sleep despite ctx every ten mins now. Lost some blood and lots of mucus earlier. I have a toddler to look after.

Any coping tips? Every ten mins doubled over in agony, shaky and sick.

I can't indefinitely cope with this pain

pepperrabbit Fri 10-May-13 18:10:01

Hurray! Congratulations grin

rubyslippers Fri 10-May-13 17:07:13

congratulations! smile

WouldBeHarrietVane Fri 10-May-13 16:02:33

Yay grin

rundontwalk Fri 10-May-13 14:35:49

Massive well done you,& congratulations!

Thingiebob Fri 10-May-13 12:29:49

Little boy.

dinkystinky Fri 10-May-13 10:13:24

Congratulations - hope you're having a good time cuddling your baby x

TwentyTinyToes Fri 10-May-13 10:08:25

Congratulations, hope you are ok. Enjoy cuddling your baby.

InkleWinkle Fri 10-May-13 09:31:52

Congratulations! What did you have?

Exhaustipated Fri 10-May-13 09:29:09

Congrats! May I ask boy/girl etc?

Thingiebob Fri 10-May-13 09:24:38

Yep. Ended up as emcs in the end though due to bad position. At that point I got some pain relief!

duchesse Fri 10-May-13 09:16:48

Woo! Baby born then?

Thingiebob Fri 10-May-13 09:02:23

Took all your advice and went back to hospital. As soon as I arrived. Huge urge to push. Had been in labour the whole time!

Tiredtrout Thu 09-May-13 05:09:55

How's it going thingie, from all the quiet I'm hoping you went back to hospital and you're having baby snuggles by now

pepperrabbit Wed 08-May-13 18:35:36

Hope you're ok thingie

GinAndaDashOfLime Wed 08-May-13 16:05:46

This happened to me with dc3. I was in agony but hospital sent me home as i wasnt dilated AT ALL. do what i did - Go back to hospital tell them your waters have gone, had no sleep and are in agony and REFUSE TO LEAVE. I did that and baby born 24 hours later after epidural (so I got some sleep).

rundontwalk Wed 08-May-13 16:03:13

You are doing so well. Ring the hosp, TELL them you are coming in. I would say (a) ctx are 3-5min (b) you need better pain relief (c) you think waters have broken. I think you will find you are either quite far along or that things will suddenly speed up.

Good luck you will soon be holding your beautiful baby!

neverlateforwork Wed 08-May-13 15:59:34

Just go back to the hospital. In your position I ended up on syntocinon drip, and still ended up sleeping in between ctx as I was so exhausted by the end of it. They prepped me for a section, but gave me five more minutes to try pushing and he turned as he was born. They had already tried internal rotation which was unsuccessful.

This stuff is knackering, and if you are flagging already (I use 'already' tongue in cheek, I've been there) , you need to go back and get things moving. Be firm.

WouldBeHarrietVane Wed 08-May-13 15:58:22

I would also let hospital know you think your waters have gone.

MustTidyUpMustTidyUp Wed 08-May-13 15:52:02

Not sure about discharge - if it's a show then would be blood but would be jelly - ish not watery (grim). If you think it's your waters I would ring the hospital if its not clear. Please don't worry about pestering them just do it. smile

Thingiebob Wed 08-May-13 15:38:17

I am four days overdue. first birth was about eight hours and a c section so this one is winning in length so far.

Lots of blood streaked watery discharge trickling out of me - is this my waters? Ctx have slowed down now I think because i am so tired.
Will do the nest thing.
Thanks everyone.

WouldBeHarrietVane Wed 08-May-13 14:32:14

You are doing really well Thingie - probably won't be long now!

MustTidyUpMustTidyUp Wed 08-May-13 14:25:20

Ring the hosp. Tell them you're 3-5 mins apart and at the end of coping at home. How far away are you? My first labour was long and slow and second started off that way but once my waters went I was quickly dilated and ready to go.
With each contraction count your deep breaths so you know how many left to go until its over. I'm no hypno birth advocate but deep breathing with DC3 made a massive difference to keeping me calm if nothing else.
Eat now if you can.
Good luck x

pepperrabbit Wed 08-May-13 14:19:16

Oh dear, you poor thing, was DC1 a long labour?
If you're struggling to cope, I would definitely call the hospital for some advice, they may want to check you out again. You are in labour and need pain relief, you will need some rest to have the strength to deliver, and I would make it clear to them exactly how you are feeling. 2nd babies can engage fast.
Have your waters gone? And are you due or overdue now? <nosy>

5madthings Wed 08-May-13 14:16:48

Bath and ball both good, if you are knackered then make a nest so you can be on all fours on the bed, but supported by LOADS of pillows and duvet etc, so you can try and rest ands that will encourage baby to turn round.

Fingers crossed yo in get some rest and then its not long till you meet your baby xx

TwentyTinyToes Wed 08-May-13 14:11:35

Every contraction brings your baby closer, you will meet baby soon and have a wonderful newborn cuddle. Do you know if you are having a boy or girl?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now