Anyone had tubal ligation with their CS?

(12 Posts)
noisytoys Fri 10-May-13 14:21:59

I had tubes clipped during c section 2 years ago. Can't say I noticed a difference in recovery. Unfortunately I still get periods sad seems to have worked though smile

lotsofcheese Fri 10-May-13 13:48:44

I was going to ask for it to be done at my elective, however events took over & ended up having an emcs at nearly midnight by a registrar who looked about 12 shock so I didn't ask - am sure it would have been declined.

The midwife looking after me said it was quite a big op & did impact on recovery from c-section.

Now to persuade DP to go for the snip......

podgymumma Thu 09-May-13 20:50:04

My local hospital will not sterilise women during a C section. Apparently they want to wait to confirm baby is o.k and thriving and won't entertain one being done for 6 months after birth.

hazeyjane Mon 06-May-13 21:22:36

I believe the risk is 3 times higher, because everything is swollen from the pregnancy. Apparently if you do get pregnant after a tubal ligation, there is a much higher risk of the pregnancy being ectopic. On reading this, dh was persuaded to have a vasectomy!

The trauma of the section, was in part due to physical stuff, but mostly due to ds having breathing difficulties and being very ill at birth. I think the emotion of it all may have overwhelmed me even more if I had been sterilised at the same time.

1944girl Mon 06-May-13 21:13:41

MY tubal tie was done 40 years ago next month during, as I have already stated, during a c-section.
I don't know if the methods have changed now, but it certainly worked.

Dynababy Mon 06-May-13 19:45:38

Yeah I've already had a CS so know how traumatic it is... And what to expect this time from CS Lone. although hoping it will be a bit better as Elective rather than emergency. I didn't know there was more chance of it failing though.. Will have to look into that. Other option is DH getting snip but I thought whilst they are in there...

hazeyjane Mon 06-May-13 19:39:56

I opted not to, mainly because there is a greater risk of the op failing, if it is done during a csection.

I'm really glad I didn't, as the section was pretty traumatic, and I think having it done would have only added to the trauma.

Dynababy Mon 06-May-13 19:35:01

Great sounds like nothing major to worry about then, thanks for sharing! Main worry I had to date is the 1/200 pregnancy risk!

MaryRobinson Mon 06-May-13 19:17:12

Yes I did, no problems at all.

1944girl Mon 06-May-13 14:12:17

I had tubal tie done during my second ceasarian.
I cant remember any differance afterwards, apart from not being able to pregnant of course.My periods were always painful so no better there.

harrygracejessica Sun 05-May-13 21:35:13

I did. The after bleeding was longer and periods for 3 months after we're heavier and painful but then everything settled :-)

Dynababy Sun 05-May-13 19:27:43

Does it make recovery worse or op too much longer? Would you recommend it to others who are sure their family is complete after this one? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now