Post partum night sweats...help!

(7 Posts)
ladypop Sun 05-May-13 08:24:30

Since giving birth just over 2 weeks ago I have been experiencing excessive sweating at nighttime. I remember being a bit more sweaty (sorry!) with my first child but this has taken it to another level! I am changing bra and tops 2-3 times a night and the covers are then horrible, cold and clammy sad I know this is a common problem and to do with excess fluid and hormones following the pregnancy, but just wanted to hear others experiences of this and any tips/encouragement that it will pass soon......?!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sun 05-May-13 08:28:19

It's evil isn't it? I had it with all three and would wake up slick with sweat.

You can't stop it but making sure any clothes you wear and your bedding is 100% cotton may help you sweating quite so much.

It will pass smile

RooneyMara Sun 05-May-13 08:35:16

Yikes, poor you. I've got the hair falling out thing 4 months in. Birth is not the end is it!

Not much help but I hope it eases off soon x

rundontwalk Sun 05-May-13 08:36:53

Ugh same here! Don't remember them with dc1,but dc2 is just over 2weeks old & I'm the same as you! Afterpains were a shock this time too. Fingers crossed no-one comes on to say their sweats lasted for months....

Ohhelpohnoitsa Sun 05-May-13 08:39:27

it will settle soon

SneezySnatcher Sun 05-May-13 09:17:25

Same here, 22 days in with DC2. No advice - just sympathy!

Ditto the aftepains too - ouch!!

QTPie Sun 05-May-13 10:45:34

I had it (following ELCS) and it lasted two/three weeks. Very icky, but in the plus side, massive weight loss smile (all that fluid)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now