Post partum night sweats...help!

(7 Posts)
BerryLellow Mon 06-May-13 08:43:43

*it

BerryLellow Mon 06-May-13 08:43:24

I had this too, it was horrible. I slept on top of a large towel which helped a bit being more absorbent. I5 will pass!

its goes! its gross but it goes. its one of my least favourite aspects of childbirth!

Winetime1981 Mon 06-May-13 08:21:12

Ugh I had this with DS as well as other hormonal issues like anxiety and oversupply of milk. I totally swear by four cups of raspberry leaf tea a day. It (allegedly) helps balance female hormones. No problems at all this time around (DD three weeks). It's got to be four cups a day though otherwise it's pointless. Good luck and congrats on squishy newborn grin

thing1andthing2 Sun 05-May-13 16:14:01

I had night sweats for about 8-9 weeks with my second, but it was July and August so warm nights anyway. It will eventually settle down, just keep the washing machine running with your changes of clothes!

RubyOnRails Sun 05-May-13 15:31:12

They are normal...very unpleasant. I had them or about three months with my first chld (traumatic birth) and three days with my next.

Drink plenty fluids, shower regularly, wear light stuff in ed, all common sense stuff.

Congrats on baby btw

ladypop Sun 05-May-13 08:24:00

Since giving birth just over 2 weeks ago I have been experiencing excessive sweating at nighttime. I remember being a bit more sweaty (sorry!) with my first child but this has taken it to another level! I am changing bra and tops 2-3 times a night and the covers are then horrible, cold and clammy sad I know this is a common problem and to do with excess fluid and hormones following the pregnancy, but just wanted to hear others experiences of this and any tips/encouragement that it will pass soon......?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now