2nd C Section stories?

(31 Posts)
curiousgeorgie Mon 29-Apr-13 11:11:27

I've just had an appointment with my consultant for my second C Section and was asked about my ELCS recovery two years ago, which was fine. I got up the following morning and showered a bit later, went home after 2 nights and was walking short walks with the pram that weekend...

The consultant laughed and said this recovery would be a lot harder, and that I couldn't possibly expect to be up and about so quickly after a second section.

At 30 I'm only 2 years older, I'm in no way super fit (quite the opposite actually!) but I'm pretty much the same as I was then, so why will it be so much harder?

Can anyone tell me about their second c section (even if it proves the consultant right!) wink

noblegiraffe Mon 29-Apr-13 16:37:19

I had to have those injections after my EMCS and they were bloody awful. I asked about them after my ELCS and they said they'd reviewed my note and I was low risk so didn't need them. Hurrah! This was three months ago.

bonzo77 Mon 29-Apr-13 16:47:05

2nd CS in December. Recovered far faster than after my first. Very little pain. Had injectable blood thinners until I was discharged on day 4. The MW did the honours.

Just come back to the thread & realised that my last post made no sense... I meant to say I'm not DONE yet, not fine!

....I'll get my coat!

I was IN HOSPITAL for a week after my emcs and still had to self inject!

SoulTrain Mon 29-Apr-13 21:00:13

Yup, EMCS June 2011 and I self injected for a week. Oh god, it's all coming flooding back....are ELCS really so much better? It was such a dark time after my section but genuinely think I'm too frightened to try VBAC. blush

Tinyflutterby Thu 02-May-13 22:35:28

I am so grateful for all the stories on here as I am currently trying to decide between ELCS or VBAC.

First time I was in hosp for 2 days while they tried to induce me and it was agony as I was not responding, so this ended up in a CS and a further 3 days in hosp. I was in agony, between the cut, my SPD and an existing back/coccyx condition, plus a large baby who I couldn't even lift and very little support/help once I was home (family don't live nearby).

I was leaning towards VBAC as the 'natural' option, however after reading some of these and other threads, particularly about SPD, I am now starting to think an ELCS may be the way forward, as at least I know roughly what to expect and can hopefully be more prepared this time.

I am concerned that the hospital staff do not know enough about SPD, or my existing condition and that I would be left stuck on my back for hours. Also, if I have another large baby it may get stuck as I'm very small. I know this probably all sounds a bit silly, but I am a very anxious person and don't like the uncertainty of it all. My dh keeps saying you would think this was my first baby the way I'm going on about it, but tbh I think ignorance was bliss first time.

Can anyone help me decide? Obviously I will have a toddler to look after this time too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now