vaginal repairs done months after birth

(7 Posts)
NAR4 Wed 24-Apr-13 22:46:45

Poss tmi but I had a 2nd degree tear which midwife decided not to stitch. Now 8 wks on and vagina has healed very open. Can I get this fixed and if so are we talking a day open or staying in hospital?

NAR4 Thu 25-Apr-13 08:31:49

Meant to say day op not open. Predictive text.

cravingcake Thu 25-Apr-13 09:08:12

Yes you can get this fixed so don't worry. See your GP who will refer you to gynae consultant who will be able to assess what can or cant be done to improve things for you.

It would just be a day surgery. I have been offered a full perennial refashion which is done under general but I'm not having this done yet and so I have recently had a skin tag growth removed which was done under local as it was only a quick 20 min thing.

NAR4 Thu 25-Apr-13 14:59:25

Thanks for the reply. That was the answer I was hoping for. I have made an appointment with my GP for late this afternoon and just wanted to check I wasn't going to be asking for the impossible.

Coffee1Sugar Sat 27-Apr-13 08:31:24

I had a full perineal refashion at 12weeks postnatal, it was under GA, went down to theatre at 9am (I was first on the list) and was home by 8pm. They just wanted to make sure I had wee'd a certain amount. I did go privately though because I was so traumatised by the birth at my local nhs hospital. It cost £3k including consultant, anaesthetist fees, bed and nursing care in day ward and all antibiotics. It was much more painful afterwards than the initial stitching but that's coz they were actually done tightly like they should have been! But after a week I had no pain which was bliss co pared to the first three months postnatal where it hurt to even turn over in bed. That was 3 years ago and now ttc no 2 but consultant has advised elcs this time. Good luck!

NAR4 Sun 28-Apr-13 14:35:48

GP referred me to hospital gyni. Will just have to see how long that takes.

cravingcake Sun 28-Apr-13 19:52:44

It may take a few weeks to get the appointment but its good that you are being seen by gynae. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now