40+12 with DC2 and looking at my first induction on Friday. DS was born after a swift 5 hr labour at 40+13, so I know there's hope yet. I know I could delay too but have weighed up the options and will go ahead with induction.
My mw has done 2 sweeps and says cervix is v favourable, 3cm so I won't need a pessary, just straight to ARM.
If you were induced starting with ARM, did you progress without syntocinon drip? If you had the drip how long until it was started? Was this hospital policy or your choice? I'm thinking of requesting a 4 hour break between ARM and drip, just wondered if this was fairly standard anyway?
Can't seem to find any national guidelines about this specifically so would be grateful to know what your experiences have been. Thanks!
I had ARM but there was meconium in the waters. I should have gone on the drip after 2 hours, we agreed on 4 (hospital standard) as DD wasn't distressed.
I was on the drip for 17 hours before DD was born and made no progress on that for the first 9 hours, they were considering EMCS had I not progressed at that point. I had an epidural after 6 hours on the drip.
I had just ARM with ds1. He was born 5 hours later after it brought on contractions naturally. Blimmin painful as they wouldn't give me anything as they thought he was in distress but at least it was (comparatively) quixck!
I was 3cm when they gave me ARM and had been having contractions every 7 mins for 12 hours. At that point all contractions stopped dead so after 4 pointless hours of waiting and wandering about I went on the drip. This time they can give me the drip if they can catch me - though given how slowly I waddle at the moment that's a pretty empty threat