Anyone overdue and induced with first but early or on-time with second?

(9 Posts)
emmyloo2 Thu 18-Apr-13 04:50:42

Hi there, I am 34+5 with second baby. I went to 40+12 with the first and was then induced.

I am just wondering whether I am facing another overdue baby and induction or whether because it's my second, my body might go into labour on its own naturally. It doesn't bother me either way really, in fact I am working until 40 weeks to the day so an extra few days would be appreciated. I am just trying to figure out whether I need to start getting prepared for possible early baby or at least on time. This baby is much lower than my first but I imagine this is simply because my uterus has stretched.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks!

crochetcircle Thu 18-Apr-13 05:28:36

I went two weeks over with my first and my second. Second induction was very different to the first though - only needed waters broken to kick things off and then it was over very quickly. I'd had everything from pessaries, drip, forceps, episiotomy first time round and it took 2-3 days!

emmyloo2 Thu 18-Apr-13 07:55:05

Thanks crochet. My gut feeling is this one will go over as well. I think I am wishfully thinking it might come a week or so early just so I can finish up work! I suspect it will be late though. At least it will give me a week or so not working. They only let you go a week over here before they induce you (Australia). I had my first in the UK hence went almost 2 weeks over.

Feelslikea1sttimer Fri 19-Apr-13 16:40:21

Hi there

I was 10 days late with my 1st and was induced and was expecting the same with my 2nd but he decided to come a day early by himself!

I'm hoping number 3 comes along without induction too but I guess I'll have to wait and see...

Good luck
Xxx

i was 3 days over with my 1st & 9 days early with my 2nd- it's totally random, i reckon, so you might be lucky this time around. (ouch at the thought of being 12 days overdue)

I was induced at 40+12 with dd though she didn't arrive until 40+15!! Assumed would be the same with ds, my body knew what to do/remembered and he shot out within 4 hours if the gel (I point blank refused drip second time around). Hoping similar for ds2 currently 40+3 so we'll see!!

pingulingo Fri 19-Apr-13 22:01:16

Was induced with DC1 who finally arrived at 42+3 and DC2 (who was not a lazy boy like DC1) arrived 8 weeks early. So I have experienced both extremes, But OP you are already further along than I managed so my experience can only suggest that we are all different and you never can tell. Good luck for whenever baby does makes its appearance though

abigboydidit Tue 23-Apr-13 21:45:30

I was induced with DS at 40 + 10 but always thought they had the dates wrong. With DD I had 2 sweeps (40 + 3 & 40 + 6) & she arrived at 40 + 8.

Good luck!

Gooders79 Wed 24-Apr-13 20:17:30

40+13 with ds1, ds2 delivered on due date

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now