Epsom Salts?

(6 Posts)
MammaCici Fri 12-Apr-13 21:58:32

I second the cabbage leaves.

Lynzi85 Thu 11-Apr-13 19:15:05

Had a baby a week ago and my midwife advised cabbage leaves in my bra to help soothe mine as they were/ are completely rock hard with mastitis also! and the cabbage leaves work so good for relief , give them a try! X

1944girl Wed 10-Apr-13 19:09:00

My GP advised me to take Epsom salts to dry up my milk after I had my first baby in 1969.I had struggled to breast feed for three weeks and had to admit I had failed.
I did not heed his advice, as my milk had just about all disapeared by then.

memphis83 Wed 10-Apr-13 18:25:53

They are not advised to use anymore.
The only advice I can give is try not to touch your boobs at all, even the shower on them stimulates milk production. Mine were most painful on days 4 and 5 and by day 7 they were almost back to normal

muttimalzwei Wed 10-Apr-13 17:16:24

I would just ask your midwife, not sure what the current advice is sorry Congratulations on the safe arrival of your baby!

Tinkerbell43 Wed 10-Apr-13 17:09:39

I Had DS1 4 days ago & I'm bottle feeding my boobs are like rocks SO SO painful & rock hard sad
My MIL said to take Epsom Salt to dry up the milk apparently she was given it in hospital when she had my DH but it hasn't be mentioned by my midwife or anyone in hospital when I asked for relief ? Anyone know anything about this, why its not given & if its Ok to take .. Thanks Ladies x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now