Where did you go into labour??

(40 Posts)
CityDweller Mon 08-Apr-13 10:52:22

I'm 6 days past EDD and go stir crazy (or rather, more stir crazy) if I sit around the house all day - so I'm trying to get out and about every day. But that brings with it the slight worry that I might go into labour somewhere inopportune!

Where, and at what time of day, did you go into labour??

Longdistance Tue 09-Apr-13 13:51:03

With dd1, at home watching crappy evening tv.
With dd2, at my mum and dads, which was really convenient as had given them a night bag for dd1 to stay over when I was in labour grin and dd2 was with us, and off we popped to hossy.

almostanotherday Tue 09-Apr-13 13:48:14

I got told most labours start at the time you are most relaxed hence late evening/early morning labours.

booboomonster Tue 09-Apr-13 13:40:04

first DC - contractions started 8pm, baby born next morning at 8am, on the due date. Waters broke about 5 hours before she arrived. (this following false labour pains the previous night).

second DC - slow contractions for a whole day whilst I was being monitored (was 9 days overdue), baby born at 3am next morning, in the amniotic sac (so waters came out with baby!).

MyDaydream Tue 09-Apr-13 10:57:56

My contractions started in bed about six hours after my second sweep, I was 10 days over. I was induced the next day so my waters went in hospital. I was out and about as much as possible in the weeks before, the most worried I got about inappropriate labour was when I got a crippling pain while cooking dinner for friends, DP greeted them at the door saying "well, Daydream might be in labour she's just having a sit down". It was another week after than.

Meringue33 Tue 09-Apr-13 10:46:31

Waters broke at 9pm at my local community centre where I go to a regular group. DS born 4 hours later! 17 days early.

flounderscominghome Tue 09-Apr-13 10:45:03

My waters broke in the middle of a funeral mass a complete surprise at 37+3. the priest was very nice about it and blessed me as I left. 3hrs later I gave birth in unknown hospital.

ben5 Tue 09-Apr-13 10:42:46

ds1 woke up around 3 am needing to go to the toilet but my waters broke while I was on the toilet. I was lucky and he was born 4 hours later.
ds2 woke up at 2.26am went to local hospital and midwife broke my waters( most awful thing in the world) and he was born at .4.54am

cathers Tue 09-Apr-13 10:37:27

Dc1 (13 days overdue), labour started whilst out walking to try and speed things up, about 4 miles from our car! By time I had walked back to the car, labour was established and went straight to hospital
Dc2 (12 days overdue), started at home, breakfast time and born before lunch.

So many labours starting in the early hours!

UnrequitedSkink Tue 09-Apr-13 00:28:31

I've just realised that with both my DSs I woke up in the early hours, felt odd, went to loo and my waters broke and labour started. Only difference was that DS1 was born in hospital 13 hours later, and DS2 was born at home 3 hours later. Def recommend the quick homebirth out of the two!

janji Tue 09-Apr-13 00:22:23

At home though both times waters never broke and were broken at hospital when labour refused to progress!!

Whatalotofpiffle Tue 09-Apr-13 00:08:06

At home in bed, 5am breaking waters, 3 days overdue

ShootingStarsss Mon 08-Apr-13 23:58:35

First in bed in early hours - 11 days over, waters didn't go.

Second at my 40 week midwife appointment grin no waters again.

notcitrus Mon 08-Apr-13 23:58:33

Home, round midnight both times. First time waters broke as I got out the bath...kept on drying and drying! Second time waters went somewhere between the car and the hospital entrance, by process of elimination.

With both DS1 and DD I was woken by contractions at around 1.30am - waters were broken by MW later in hospital with DS1, DD's popped about 5.30am iirc.

Poor old DS2 was induced - just as overdue as the other two but with a crappier placenta so didn't get the chance to wake me up in the early hours grin

Foundapound Mon 08-Apr-13 23:51:43

At home when started (and I've given birth to all at home). With dd2, I went to a dentist appointment after about 6 hours of mild contractions 15 mins apart - you can have a baby any day, but I'd been waiting 8 months for an NHS dentist appointment, and wasn't about to cancel. While there, my 2 year old threw up all over the surgery (very embarrassing).... my dh went to his appointment the next morning, after my waters had gone, but contractions had faded off somewhat, and the dentist was amazed he was there (under strict instructions to turn home if traffic bad!). Baby was born at 6pm, about 30 hours after my dental appointment.

MirandaWest Mon 08-Apr-13 23:50:48

DS was in hospital anyway with Pre eclampsia. Was going to be induced at 38+3 - woke up at 38+2 to find my waters had broken all over the hospital bed. He was born about 20 hours later. Labour didn't start properly until about 12 hours after my waters had broken.

With DD I woke up at home at 40+4 feeling a bit period-ish and within 30 minutes realised I was having contractions quite often. She was born about 6 hours later (and would have been sooner if I hadn't had diamorphine and fallen asleep for a couple of hours hmm)

blondieminx Mon 08-Apr-13 23:43:51

At home. I was 6 days overdue and I woke up feeling odd, and contractions built slowly through the day, getting more regular around lunchtime. I'd had a false alarm 2 days before.

Called DH to come home about 3.30. He got back from London about an hour later, and we were at the hospital for about 6.30, and DD was born at half past midnight.

Fingers crossed for you!

Sheshelob Mon 08-Apr-13 23:15:50

Victoria and Albert Museum. Real talk.

scarlettbrooke Mon 08-Apr-13 23:14:40

In a restaurant with my dad they just put the food on the table and my waters broke! It was dripping down my chair I was amazed how much there was! Not the best timing really but ah well what can you do?

sjupes Mon 08-Apr-13 23:06:58

With dd it was pain from 3 am until actual contractions at 8 am - progressivly worsened then show, waters and dd all happened within a 30 minute period at lunch time!

Ds my waters went in bed slightly at 7 am, hospital at lunchtime, in at 9 am next day for induction - noooooothing happened all day, woke at 6 am next day and had ds around lunchtime.

My dc like letting me have my lunch grin

MoottonBun Mon 08-Apr-13 23:04:35

Both mine started with dramatic popping of waters, both middle of the night - 1st all over the bed and the other hit the bathroom wall with a serious gush. Contractions started immediately after for both too.
I have fast labours.
3rd time round soon - am praying it happens again at night at least!

cece Mon 08-Apr-13 23:00:45

DD and DS2 both induced in hospital

DS1 - my waters broke at 9am. I had just got up and was in the kitchen waiting for the kettle to boil. My dad was stood next to me and he looked a bit panic strcken for a brief moment.

notnowbernard Mon 08-Apr-13 22:59:36

I was overdue with all of them as well - would have gone mental had I'd stayed in waiting!

notnowbernard Mon 08-Apr-13 22:58:56

At home each time

1st woke up about 6am with cramping

2nd mild cramping started through the day (took dc1 to the park and came home and it kicked off properly)

3rd again woke up to cramping

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now