Bleeding after birth

(4 Posts)
JoyfulJoyful Fri 05-Apr-13 17:32:55

Hello all

I had a baby exactly 7 weeks ago and bled continously for abour 4 weeks. After 4 weeks I stopped but started spotting for almost a week and a half then stopped completey for about 5 days only to see blood again and it's fresh. I discussed this with the Dr and she said to keep an eye on it which has made me a bit worried.

Does anyone have any experience of this and I know it is not my period.

quoteunquote Fri 05-Apr-13 20:58:52

Go back and ask again, and keep going back if you are worried.

MolotovCocktail Fri 05-Apr-13 21:00:20

How do you know its not your period? Are you bf? You can still have a period when bf.

FWIW, I had this after my ELCS last April. I had lochia for 6w, had a 2w break, then a period which lasted for 6 weeks shock I ff after a few days so knew it was a period but ffs, a 6 week period? Quite scary. I went to the dr was suspicious about retained products; I didn't have any other symptoms for this, though.

I was referred for blood tests and a scan. Bloods revealed a low lymphocyte count (white blood cells) - to this day I don't know if that was anything to do with it. Didn't need the scan as I stopped bleeding before the appointment came through ...

For me, it was frightening but turned out to be nothing. Hope it's the same for you smile

JoyfulJoyful Fri 05-Apr-13 21:57:55

Thanks ladies. I will be going to see my GP and pushing to get a scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now