Hombirthers in the East Midlands area

(4 Posts)
Brownowlahi Fri 05-Apr-13 21:03:59

I had two home births in Lincolnshire. The midwives were all really pro hb and I was really lucky to be well supported by them. My husband knew how important it was to me to be at home after my daughters birth (which was a normal delivery but I suffered from the 'cascade of interventions'). I didn't have a friend with me, none of my friends could figure out why I didn't want to go to hospital. Just me and husband for ds, then had the neighbours in the kitchen for dd as we may have had to transfer to hospital (slight complications so they called an ambulance just in case). But I found the home birthing system really good in our area and couldn't have faulted the care I received. Good luck with your home birth!

PickleSarnie Fri 05-Apr-13 17:39:49

I did it. They were very pro homebirth. All very straight forward. There was a central number to call and they sent out whichever midwives were on call at the time.

Would obviously depend on where in East Midlands you are. There are a number of medical trusts and midwife districts within those. Im in Harborough.  

ReikiMummy Fri 05-Apr-13 16:10:39

Here! #waves hand#

Planning on doing it - last chat I had with midwife last week was very pro-hb, but we'll see how we go!!

flaminhoopsaloolah Fri 05-Apr-13 14:13:41

Are there any out there who have done it or are planning on doing it? I've been looking at various websites and a few recommend having a "friend" who has been through it, in case of needing to negotiate to get a midwife out to you or etc but I don't know anyone around here who has experience with this. If you had a homebirth, did you have a friend to help? Did you experience last minute problems with staffing? Did your DH or family member deal with it for you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now