Will anyone admit to an at attempt, or at least thinking about, performing their own DIY membrane sweep?

(30 Posts)
RightUpMyRue Mon 01-Apr-13 21:59:32

It's basically a finger in the cervix, isn't it? A small step beyond deep penetration?

cathpip Wed 03-Apr-13 20:07:31

A friend recommended sex when I went overdue, or if hubby refused maybe the use of a friend dildomight work, it did blush

marzipananimal Wed 03-Apr-13 20:14:03

I understand you feeling impatient - DS was 13 days late so I know how it feels - but you don't want to risk breaking your waters or setting anything off when your body's not ready for labour. It'll happen in its own good time probably

jessebuni Thu 04-Apr-13 21:52:45

I considered it but the risks of infection etc. sort of put me off. i just let DH do the deed so hard that it hurt and I didn't particularly enjoy it but hey i went into labour a couple of hours later soooo...

I didn't do a sweep but I did do my own VEs on account that I wasn't calling the mw yet nor getting out of the pool.

olivertheoctopus Fri 05-Apr-13 22:23:08

I wouldn't because I get squeamish using tampons but I just can't imagine how I would reach!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now