Has anyone used a pelvic floor toner + does it work?

(9 Posts)
TheBreastmilksOnMe Tue 26-Mar-13 10:07:54

Following the birth of dc2 and not taking notice of 'practice your kegals' advice I am now wetting myself when I do my exercises (serves me right) so although I've been doing the boring but necessary job of squeezing + holding, its taking time, so I wanted to know if anyone can recommend a toner?

Gooders79 Tue 26-Mar-13 21:24:54

I'd get a referral to your local womens health physio, not only will they check you are doing exercises properly they will advise on good positions to do the exercises. You might need a little muscle stimulation to help get you started. Generally there as been a move away from using pelvic toners as you learn to use your muscles in a different way... Long holds instead of the quick hold you would need during a cough/sneeze or higher impact exercise activities. Good luck!

Jorior Tue 26-Mar-13 22:49:55

I had the same problem and went to see a great women's health physio at SixPhysio. I think it's about £50 a visit but you don't need many visits because you do all the exercises in your own time. I only went twice and it's the best £100 I ever spent.

Good luck!

Gillianfl Sun 31-Mar-13 11:48:49

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Gillianfl Mon 01-Apr-13 13:06:23

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Lionsntigersnbears Mon 01-Apr-13 17:49:34

I've been wondering this too. On the one hand I thought maybe it would make the squeezes more effective. On the other I thought maybe I'd do them less often for needing to be in an ..erm...appropriate situation to get it in grin.

LadyMedea Tue 02-Apr-13 17:38:27

I remember seeing a documentary about the effectiveness of various approaches. They tested just kegels vs pelvic toner vs electrical stimulation (a slender tone for your vag).

Way out in front in terms of effectiveness was the electrical stimulation. I think they start at around £50. Not sure if this is shown in clinical trials but worth considering. On my baby shower list for sure.

LadyMedea Tue 02-Apr-13 17:43:49
podmumlet Sat 06-Apr-13 21:41:33

Looks interesting - would be great to hear if anyone has used it and had an improvement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now