Off to be induced in an hour and a half

(44 Posts)

And I'm a little bit scared. Which is silly as this is exactly what happened with DS1. Have lots of books and food in my bag but really don't feel ready for DS2 at the moment.

nickelbabe how did that work with your waters coming out at the same time, did they break as they came out or was she in a bubble?????

Jojobump1986 Sun 03-Mar-13 23:01:59

How frustrating! I suppose having a room is a good start! At least you can get settled now you know where you're going to be for a while! Hope it all happens quickly & easily for you! smile

Flisspaps Sun 03-Mar-13 23:07:52

ski it's meant to be very lucky if a baby is born with intact waters - born in a caul, it's known as.

Sailors used to pay high prices for the membranes from these babies as they were meant to protect them at sea. Don't know if they still do...

A room is definitely progress! I will be checking in with each night feed grin

We're off. Midwife arrived and broke waters at about 1. Some meconium so means at least 24 hours in hospital after the birth which is a bit of a bummer.

Just the hard bit to do now.

Yay! Good luck!

Hope everything is going well, and as painless as possible. smile

Flossbert Mon 04-Mar-13 09:36:29

Hope things are moving along nicely for you, Gardener.

nickelbabe Mon 04-Mar-13 13:59:10

Skiing - i think they broke as she came out, from the pressure.
But i do know someone whose baby was born with waters intact smile

good luck today - sorry about the meconium. it'll be out soon, and i'm sure will be fine. x

Hi all. Smallskier2 was born 10:42 today. 9lb 11oz ( thank God for epidurals). All doing well and should be home tomorrow. Thanks for cheering me up during the endless wait!

Flisspaps Mon 04-Mar-13 17:28:40

Congratulations grin

Congratulations! thanks

Zara1984 Mon 04-Mar-13 17:35:01

Congratulations!! Epidurals are fucking ace. And so are you and your lovely new snuffly baby!

SuckingDiesel Mon 04-Mar-13 17:44:47

Congratulations! 9lb 11 shock You're a hero!

nickelbabe Mon 04-Mar-13 17:48:21

owwwww!
you'll be feeling that when the epi wears off! grin

congratulations grin

<<jealous of newborn baby snuggles>>

make sure they give you some food with iron in it.

Oh I am nickelbabe , I am! Lovely nurse just gave me a bed bath by Pluto g water all over the ahem inflamed area.

Now DH has gone home and I have 12 hours with a baby who will only sleep when held vertically and demands huge breastfeeds every 2 hours. None of this tiny colostrum feeds for him, he's drinking by the pint!

Granitetopping Mon 04-Mar-13 22:10:54

Congratulations grin envy

Turnipsoup Tue 05-Mar-13 06:18:41

Congratulations!

nickelbabe Tue 05-Mar-13 13:01:52

grin
that's good too, all good

at least you're getting your bits serviced wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now