Due today with DC2...constant, stitch-like pain when got out of bed?

(11 Posts)
ckwkatie Wed 27-Feb-13 06:30:03

Hi all,

Due today with DC2 so you'd think I'd be a seasoned start of labour spotterer! However, I just got out of bed for my morning wee (very carefully as have suffered SPD badly this pregnancy) and all of a sudden got a very sharp pain on my right side of abdomen, radiating to my back. Didn't feel remotely like a contraction, I remember those well! It was enough to make me really frightened for a minute as I sat on the loo for my wee (sorry TMI!), and since I've laid back down on my back it's slowly faded. Did feel like a reeeeally bad stitch pain. Anyone else with experience of this, please?

Date I hope it's a (albeit dramatic!) start to things?

AmandaCooper Wed 27-Feb-13 09:16:41

Perhaps you'd been lying on a nerve? Presumably three hours later this has resolved itself? How are you feeling?

ckwkatie Wed 27-Feb-13 18:02:31

Thank you for reply! Yes, probably a nerve, or trapped wind, or something completely normal yet alarming...I can tell you what it's not...labour!

Tapered off to niggly period-type pains all day, but that's about it. DS1 was born at 40+2 so should've expected it, really!

space21 Wed 27-Feb-13 18:53:48

Yes! Putting it down to round ligament pain. It kills and usually comes on if I move over too quick in bed. Ouch

consonant Wed 27-Feb-13 21:40:51

I woke up with backache and felt niggly all day. About 6.30 thought something might be happening. At 8 decided it was and DC3 born 10.20. Good luck!

ckwkatie Thu 28-Feb-13 03:45:40

Nothing yet for me, just lots of BH...but am hoping this labour is as quick!!! smile

ckwkatie Thu 28-Feb-13 03:47:06

Oh and congrats consonant

AmandaCooper Thu 28-Feb-13 06:25:13

Morning ckwkatie I see you were up in the night! Anything to report?

ckwkatie Thu 28-Feb-13 08:57:05

Morning! No, nothing to report...I woke up feeling a bit teary and entering the fed up stage of things...hate to be a whinger cos I know how lucky I am to be pregnant with a healthy baby, but! Have suffered massively with pelvic pain for over 20 weeks now...along with constant pain, every time I turn over in bed I suffer an almighty jolting, excruciating POP as my pelvis realigns itself back into place...and I've just had enough, really!

DP and I are going for a long country walk with the dog and a curry later, but aside from BH occurring every hour or so, which I've had or weeks now, am having no twinges, signs, or anything of significance. By this time in my last pregnancy, I was in labour for 24 hours with a big OP baby.

Anyway, thanks for listening to the moan!

AmandaCooper Thu 28-Feb-13 10:32:01

I think a lot of us are at that totally fed up point now, healthy longed for babies notwithstanding! Pelvic pain sounds like it's bad enough on it's own to warrant a good moan. Hope the long walk with DP and dog gets things moving for you later.

OrangeLily Thu 28-Feb-13 11:02:08

You don't sound like a whinger at all! I haven't done the pregnancy and labour thing this morning but have an inflamed muscle in my back and which is nothing compared to what you're going through and I've moaned constantly!!!!!!

Hope the walk helps! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now