Could it be early labour....?

(10 Posts)
NewMumToBe270313 Tue 26-Feb-13 19:36:10

Im 36 weeks pregnant, and for the last few days i have been getting strong period like cramping and lower back ache. i havent had a show and my waters havent broken. It isnt regular enough to be able to take timings they come and go as they please. I also get them when ive been walking any distance for example first one came when i was walking round asda, crippled me to the point of having to crouch down in the isle :'( it went away soon after i sat down though and didnt have one again until the next morning early hours in bed. This is my first and im not sure what to expect i have a midwife appointment tomorrow. but am worried that it could be early labour any help? xx

BikeRunSki Tue 26-Feb-13 19:44:26

sounds like you could be. Braxton Hicks wouldn't make you crouch down like that, and you don't necessarily have a show. Sometimes waters need to be broken by mw. I'd ring mw or labour ward.

Mononoke Tue 26-Feb-13 19:46:26

Yes could be, give the delivery suite a call and see what they say.
Try not to worry 36 weeks is nearly term.

space21 Tue 26-Feb-13 19:58:50

Could be ... But could well be braxtons. I'm getting very intense BH often - the bigger I get, the more they take my breath away! I'm also 36 weeks with DS2.
Talk to your midwife tho as she'll put your.mind at rest either way!

NewMumToBe270313 Tue 26-Feb-13 20:49:05

Ive got them again now sad thats twice this evening ive had these pains, i get braxton hicks often they dont feel like this though this feels like period pains and muscles being pulled tight..
What are the chances of him being ok if it is? ive had a healthy pregnancy and not had any major problems.. hope he'll be ok! sad xx

mayhew Tue 26-Feb-13 20:50:47

I would call in to triage. It could be a urine infection, it might be labour. You need to be seen this evening.

Mononoke Tue 26-Feb-13 20:55:48

I am sure he will be fine, a midwife will be able to put your mind at ease.
36 is a really healthy gestation, and its good that you have been feeling healthy.
Have you tried calling the hospital ?

NewMumToBe270313 Tue 26-Feb-13 21:10:34

i dont want to waste their time if its just BH , especially when i have the midwife tomorrow :/ i went in ro hospital with cramping before and it ended up being a urine infection and i was on antibiotics and they stopped but these feel different i will call the hospital now and see what they say better safe than sorry i suppose!!
Thanks Ladies x

Mononoke Tue 26-Feb-13 21:12:51

Yes much better to be safe than sorry, especially with urine infections, good luck smile

Purplecatti Wed 27-Feb-13 10:41:20

I had similar pains at 35 weeks onwards. I was still 11 days overdue..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now