Nursing pjs for hospital

(6 Posts)
Reiltin Sun 24-Feb-13 11:00:18

The maternity hospital advises bringing clothes that fit at 28 weeks for wearing home. Does that mean that I should buy pjs for nursing in the hospital now, as I'm about 28 weeks?

ZuleikaD Sun 24-Feb-13 11:41:54

Anything that opens up at the front will be fine, as long as the bottom-halves fit you. I'm 37 weeks and wearing normal PJs - they just go under my bump.

Msbluesky32 Sun 24-Feb-13 16:21:24

I've bought some cheap dark thin cotton bottoms from primark as all of my pjs are light coloured and I had read about leaking blood during the first few days (sorry if that's tmi). Ive bought my usual size as they are quite stretchy but you could go one size up in case. I've also bought some nursing vest tops from h and m and hope to use those for the top half (and hopefully during night feeds afterwards). I managed to get the two tops for just over £10 including delivery with two online h and m discount codes. Everyone comments on how hot it is in hospital so I'm just taking a thin cardigan instead of a dressing gown and some flip flops (can be used in shower too if you need them).

OooShiney Sun 24-Feb-13 18:14:27

I don't normally wear jammies at night, so bought some dark yoga pants/joggers in sainsburys and a couple of oversized soft vest tops for getting boobs over/under. 25% off on sainsburys again so stocked up for DC2 due in 7 weeks. I was kept in 3 days last time so appreciated having something to slob about in. A light cardi to cover you up if you walk about. I wore them about home too for the first few weeks (ahem, months) as baby's pee/puke/poo is easy to wash out.

Beatrixpotty Sun 24-Feb-13 19:59:17

In the hospital for breastfeeding and post delivery I just wore a cheap jersey strappy nightie from Primark in a couple of sizes up from usual and a breast feeding bra,as you have to wear one anyway to keep the pads in.I've had babies around Easter & during the summer and the ward was really hot both times so PJs would have been too much.Going home I wore maternity clothes(and for a while afterwards..)!

Second the primark bottoms and a vest and cardigan type thing worked really well for me. The vest could be pulled down and the cardigan allowed the feeling of a little privacy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now