Pains at top of legs - any significance re labour?

(7 Posts)
FoxyRevenger Wed 23-Jan-13 14:38:14

I've been wondering if you were in labour! Well, definitely can't be long now. Good luck!!

eagleray Wed 23-Jan-13 10:26:12

Thanks for the replies - although I had a pretty uncomfortable night, it certainly hasn't turned into anything significant and I think I'm back to square one regarding getting things started angry

If the weather clears up, I'll go out for a walk later, possibly somewhere with lots of snow that's inaccessible to vehicles, in the hope that sod's law gives me a helping hand..

FoxyRevenger Wed 23-Jan-13 02:47:08

DC2 - woke up with pains you describe at 6.30am, baby before 10am grin Good luck!

iloveholidays Wed 23-Jan-13 01:41:56

Through not though!

iloveholidays Wed 23-Jan-13 01:41:32

My contractions were in my thighs all the way though my two natural labours... Good luck!!

sydlexic Tue 22-Jan-13 23:27:45

Yes definitely a sign of labour. Good luck

eagleray Tue 22-Jan-13 23:24:08

I'm 40+4 and had a stretch and sweep this morning (5th one so far, and this time MW could insert a finger and do a proper sweep, but things not looking THAT likely to kick off)

This is the first sweep where I have had some sort of prolonged discomfort afterwards (got tightenings and back pain whenever I stand up, which could mean nothing). However, also noticed this eve when doing housework that I'm getting strange pains at the top of my thighs (front, towards inner) and vaguely recall someone else mentioning them on a thread before. Just trying to recall if it's a sign of anything as not had this before?

I know I'm probably clutching at straws here, but feeling like things have progressed a bit today but on the other hand I could be nowhere near labour starting (induction booked on thurs so no pressure, whatsover...!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now