Section in 3 days - eeek!!

(6 Posts)
PipIsOutNow Tue 08-Jan-13 12:43:31

I'm booked in for a section this Friday due to complications and I'm absolutely cacking my pants! My first birth ended in an EMCS so I know how shit the recovery is. I don't know whether to feel nervous/excited or what! Need someone to hold my hand (or slap my face!)

loubeebaby Tue 08-Jan-13 15:41:23

I am no expert as I am only 6 weeks with DC1. But I have been reading "Positive Approach to Caeserean Birth and Recovery" (I am having a ELCS) and it clearly states that a EMCS and ELCS are very different in the way they are handled and the risks involved. In other threads I have read of ladies who say their ELCS recovery was much better than EMCS. As I say no first hand experience but this is my findings so far! Good Luck!

Chislemum Tue 08-Jan-13 19:22:54

had an elcs and recovery was rubbish - however, birth experience was calm. on balance: would do it again.

feel excited about meeting little one and HUGS!!!!!

curiousgeorgie Tue 08-Jan-13 23:36:23

I had an ELCS on a Wednesday afternoon and on the Friday morning I discharged myself and went home via Starbucks grin

Comparing my recovery with friends recoveries after an emcs things are really different. You will be fine, think positively wink

I had an emergency CS with my DS and 3 years later a planned one with my DD. One thing I heard, and also found that this was my experience, is the whole thing including the recovery was better with the planned one. I found it a lovely experience, although I did find that 2nd time around I had an overhang (TMI alert) and I found that made it more sore. I used a soft muslin folded into a strip and secured by my pants to keep it dry and stop the pants from digging in.
Oh, and as I was advised, don't forget to get some full granny knickers so that the elastic doesn't end up resting on your scar.

And one last thing - the first time I had stitches that dissolved and you couldn't feel them poking out. The second time I had the biggest fright when I took the dressing off in the shower and found plastic individual spiky black plasticky knots. It looked like a row of spiders! They are apparently better for the healing though. They were removed by the midwife at home by her snipping the knot off and pulling gently (didn't really hurt). Just to warn you as it depends on the surgeon which stitches are used I think.

Haggisfish Thu 10-Jan-13 08:51:25

I had an ELCS on 27th, after an EMCS 2 years ago. Totally different experiences - I did cack my pants and had a big blubbing fit as I was going in, but the staff were lovely and just guided me through it all. Recovery has been much better and mentally and emotionally it has all been a lot easier. You'll be fine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now