Childbirth with severe thrush and tmi bleeding legions

(3 Posts)
Londonbumpagain Tue 08-Jan-13 22:38:49

Hi, I gave birth last week. I had persistent thrush throughout my pregnancy. The pessary and cream would clear it but then it would return, damn hormones! I saw the midwife on wed pm and she tried to do a sweep it was after this she said i had a lot of thrush & got me a prescription ( she couldn't do sweep. Cervix sealed & hard). Used pessary & cream that night. 30 mins after inserting it my contractions started! I was worried about the pessary affecting the baby but it came out with the waters & an internal. Midwives & dr were not at all concerned. Contractions started at 11, went to sleep. Started timing them at 1 (4mins apart) headed to hospital for 3. DC born at 4:30 with just a tens and a few puffs of gas and air smile overall thrush not a problem & weirdly cleared up since birth. Haven't used cream etc & had no trouble. Hope that helps / reassures you!

fidelma Tue 08-Jan-13 21:50:49

It should clear up pretty fast.

DiscoDomina Tue 08-Jan-13 11:59:15

I'm 37 wks tomorrow and after seeing the Dr last night she told me I have severe thrush front to back with irritated bleeding legions. Have used pessary and have a cream, been told to come back in two wks if not better. Got to say if I go in to labour before then I am terrified of vaginal delivery as I'm already in utter agony down there, I wondered if any of you had ever experienced a labour and delivery with a similar condition and if so what was it like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now