Childbirth with severe thrush and tmi bleeding legions

(3 Posts)
DiscoDomina Tue 08-Jan-13 11:59:15

I'm 37 wks tomorrow and after seeing the Dr last night she told me I have severe thrush front to back with irritated bleeding legions. Have used pessary and have a cream, been told to come back in two wks if not better. Got to say if I go in to labour before then I am terrified of vaginal delivery as I'm already in utter agony down there, I wondered if any of you had ever experienced a labour and delivery with a similar condition and if so what was it like?

fidelma Tue 08-Jan-13 21:50:49

It should clear up pretty fast.

Londonbumpagain Tue 08-Jan-13 22:38:49

Hi, I gave birth last week. I had persistent thrush throughout my pregnancy. The pessary and cream would clear it but then it would return, damn hormones! I saw the midwife on wed pm and she tried to do a sweep it was after this she said i had a lot of thrush & got me a prescription ( she couldn't do sweep. Cervix sealed & hard). Used pessary & cream that night. 30 mins after inserting it my contractions started! I was worried about the pessary affecting the baby but it came out with the waters & an internal. Midwives & dr were not at all concerned. Contractions started at 11, went to sleep. Started timing them at 1 (4mins apart) headed to hospital for 3. DC born at 4:30 with just a tens and a few puffs of gas and air smile overall thrush not a problem & weirdly cleared up since birth. Haven't used cream etc & had no trouble. Hope that helps / reassures you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now