Hospital Bag - what do I pack??

(5 Posts)
IdaClair Tue 08-Jan-13 11:47:25

Peppermint teas can also inhibit milk production if you are breastfeeding, I have read.

WandrinStar Tue 08-Jan-13 11:43:55

Thank you guys, dried apricots is a genius idea, I would never have thought of that in a million years.

I love a good trashy magazine - time to catch up on all the celebrity gossip, I reckon!

Thanks very much.

GroupieGirl Tue 08-Jan-13 09:16:29

Peppermint tea can soothe the digestive system after abdominal surgery.

And magazines. You probably won't be awake enough for that big book you've been meaning to read for a while. I took The Feminine Mystique.... I read Take a Break and Pick Me Up!

Seabright Tue 08-Jan-13 09:04:21

Dried apricots. Lots of them. Start eating lots a week in advance as the pain killers may well give you severe constipation and you really don't want to be straining <voice of experience>.

Also, huge tummy hugger knickers. You don't want the elastic anywhere near your scar.

WandrinStar Mon 07-Jan-13 16:57:08

Hello all - advice from the wise ones of Mumsnet needed here!

I am going in for an ELCS with my first baby on the 4th of Feb and will probably be in for about 4-5 days. I thought the hospital would provide a list of stuff to bring with me (when I've been in previously for various surgeries they have done so) but this time no guidelines are forthcoming.

So, what should I be packing?

Thanks in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now