Contractions - stop/start

(2 Posts)
clickingtock Tue 01-Jan-13 15:19:07

Hi, have you left hospital now then? Contractions should pick up well before 14th, I would have thought... Walking, yoga ball exercises etc all help. have the waters broken? If not then it's fine to wait til you've had 2-3 hours of regular contractions lasting about a minute each before you go to hospital. By regular I mean a contraction every 3-4 minutes. This is MW recommendations for second labour. Hth.

francohoops Tue 01-Jan-13 14:17:08

My wife is due this Friday, 4th Jan, with our 2nd. Our 1st was a c-section due to the size of the baby. We are trying for a vbac this time. Consultant thinks that this one is big, but thinks we should try naturally.

On Sunday she started having contractions, and we got excited that things may be happening, and my wife stayed in over night at the hospital. Since then though, the contractions have eased and now are irregular. Baby is moving fine, but we thought things were progressing. We are booked in for a c-section, on 14th.

Any thoughts on what is going on? or similar experiences? My wife is keen to try naturally, but if things don't happen we will have to have a c-section.
Thanks for your help
F

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now